Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcnme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Funeral & divorce
    My ex husband and I and our children will be attending a funeral of one of HIS best friends. He wants the kids ONLY to sit with him and me sit somewhere else. I think we should sit together. Who is right?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:09 PM
    A funeral is a time to pay your repects to the dead. He needs to grow up and stop thinking of himself.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Based upon what you have written I agree with danielnoahsmommy. But, if you have a decent relationship with your ex, this shouldn't be an issue. What is his reasoning for not wanting you to sit with him? How long have you been divorced? Was it a bad breakup? Does he have a girlfriend or a new wife who will be attending as well? There is too much information missing, and the fact is, if he is so dead set against it, getting into a huge disagreement over this is not beneficial to anyone. Don't force a situation onto him that could result in more friction and stress while he is trying to cope with the loss of his friend. People at the funeral will notice it and you certainly don't want to bring that kind of attention onto yourself.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 10:19 AM
    I don't think it really much matters who sits where. I don't think there's any right or wrong answer to this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy & divorce maybe [ 2 Answers ]

My husband owned a business for almost 5 yrs. Before he bought the business all the credit cards we had was joint cards and to buy the business he took money out many of them and over the last few months he hadn't paid many of them. I just didn't pay attention to it before but we closed down the...

Bankruptcy & Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband filed bankruptcy just after he filed divorce, our divorce was finally before the bankruptcy. I did not file with him. Can the bankruptcy court come after me for the debts he filed on? Also note only one creditor was in both out names the rest were strickly in his.

View more questions Search