Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Pesky crows
    Dear People, how do I limit crows activity? They managed to scare all the other birds away and we no longer hear happy chirping...

All answers are greatly appreciated.

Helen
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

Jul 29, 2007, 02:26 AM
    There are a few way to help minimise the crows however this will not work to get rid of all of them,
    Crows are a pain in the rear and do attack other birds for fun..

You can get mirrors and hang them up around your house or a sillouhette of a crow can be put up (can be brought from ebay) or you can hang up cds on string or tin foil..

However if this fails there is not a lot you can do especially if you live in the usa...
    In the usa crows are protected by federal law and so no longer can they be shot in certain states...
    If all fails you can check with the state laws to see where you stand but as far as I'm aware you can not damage their roosting places , nest sites or hurt any of the birds in most states,
    Crows are smart and very intelligent and so it doesn't take long for them to figure out the tricks..

You could also try playing the sounds of wild birds such as owls or hawks native to where you are, these the crows would consider a threat and if you keep playing it they may go away or they may not, however playing the sounds of owls and hawks may also scare away the birds you wish to attract so be careful what you want to do,

Good luck with any thing you try as these birds are really stubborn...
    Let me know how it goes,
    I once had my cockatiel outside in a tree that I was standing right next to her talking to her and a crow came down and took her away , took her a distance, dropped her and then picked her up and took her off again then I managed to grab the crows feet as she was flying lowshe dropped my cockatiel and flew off (tiel unharmed by the way ;) )
    They are very evill birds to anything they consider doesn't fit
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Umm, The Last I Knew They Were Not Protected. Contact Your State Game And Fish Agency , They Can Tell You If They Are Protected Or Not, In Tn We Even Are Allowed To Hunt Them, Or Could Up Until Last Year, I Have Not Checked The Regulations This Year Yet. And If They Are Protected In Your Area, The State Game And Fish Agency May Be Able To Help You Get Some Relief. In Tn A Shotgun With 7 1/2 , Or 8 Shot Works Well. Another Cheaper Solution Is Bottle Rockets Fired At Them Will Give Temporary Relief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pesky little fleas! [ 4 Answers ]

My poor baby has fleas, bad! We live in Texas and there is a HUGE flea problem. She had a visit with the vet today and he recommended Frontline (which they sold there at the office). I put it on her immediately when we got hime. She still seems to be itching but she has so much hair it's hard to...

How Do You Deal With Pesky 'Cold Callers'? [ 7 Answers ]

Found this on the net just had to share. The best way to get rid of pesky 'cold callers'. I’m Sorry, I Can’t Talk Right Now….I’m “Breastfeeding.” Who would have thought that breastfeeding would have so many advantages? And I’m not talking about the whole brain development thing. Yeah,...

View more questions Search