Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nika5135 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Missed depo shot
    I was on the depo shot since I was 13 years old. I'm 17 now and I'm a month late on my shot because its time for me to get a pap but I'v been bleeding for the last 2 months now can any one tell me what's wrong
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
    You have been on the shot for so long, your body is trying to adjust itself to not being on the shot. Your hormones are probably going nuts.

Do you plan to get back on the shot after your yearly pap?
    nika5135 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    You have been on the shot for so long, your body is trying to adjust itself to not being on the shot. Your hormones are probably going nuts.

Do you plan to get back on the shot after your yearly pap?

I was suppose to get my pap in June but I'v been bleeding the whole June and July I didn't get a break yet.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
    You need to see your doctor and discuss with him why this is happening to you. Your body may be so used to being on the Depo that the only way to resolve the problem is to get that pap and get back on the Depo. :)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
    You will bleed for quite a while its quite normal I have to say 5 years of having depo is risky its time to talk to your dr about the side effects of long term use and trust me there are many get all the info you can because if you don't in years to come when you are still having the jab you are going to want to stop and have kids then you will be in the position of thousends of other women in this world the shot puts your body into a menopausal state and stops you ovulating some women never regain there ovulation after long time use I was one of the lucky ones.
    Just make sure you get the correct information good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

Depo shot [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on and off the depo shot for the last 2 years. I am 34 years old and we really want to get pregnant. I know age has a factor along with being on the shot. I am going to see the ob Dr. Is there anything you can take to speed up the process?:confused: :confused:

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

Getting off the depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 28 years old and getting ready to get married to a wonderful man.:p I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I have now been off it for about 6 weeks, maybe not quite that long, but I have had bleeding for the past 5 weeks and it is driving me crazy. It will tease me, I will go all...

First dose of the depo shot & missed period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there... I gave birth to a baby girl on November 2nd 2006. On November 4th 2006 I received my first dose of the depo shot. After the normal bleeding in pregnancy ended after 2 weeks, a week later I had extreamly light bleeding in the beginning of December that lasted about 4 days. I ...

View more questions Search