Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Irregular Heartbeat in unborn baby
    I am days away from hitting the 30 weeks mark, and at my last doctor's appointment which was days ago. The mid-wife was listening to the babies heartbeat and she heard a flutter sound every other heartbeat. After consulting the doctor they decided to send me to a high risk doctor at Winnie Palmer Hospital here in Florida for a consult, a new ultrasound and a cardiogram. The proceeded to tell me that I didn't have anything to worry about.

Why would they be sending me to a high risk doctor, and speak of possibly delivering there if there is no problem?
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jul 28, 2007, 08:13 AM
    They send you somewhere else where they can get better images of the babies heart and can track the rhythm better.
    If the high risk center told you there was nothing wrong then they should know what they are talking about.
    With my last child two years ago they did the 20 week scan in my doctors office and sent me to the hihg risk center because they suspected I had placenta previa after they did their report they concluded that I did not have it.
    The doctors take every procedure with caution to be on the safe side.
    Don't worry yourself too much because this can make you have too much stress which is not good for you or the baby.

Jul 28, 2007, 08:17 AM
    The hospital won't be calling me to set up the appointment until Monday or Tuesday, so as of right now it's a waiting game. So as of right now I have no idea. It's kind of hard to not worry, if you know what I mean.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jul 28, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Oh I'm sorry I must have misunderstood you if you haven't gone in yet then yes it is the waiting game but since they didn't see you right away perhaps the doctors just won't a second opinion and they don't think its to serious.
    Please let us know what you find out

Jul 28, 2007, 08:52 AM
    The Doctor's visit was Wednesday, they said they submit the paperwork and all my records the same day. She said it take 2 - 3 days for them to call, but are closed on Fridays. So that means Monday or Tuesday. Well, I hope your right, and because I wasn't told to go right away or something that it is just a second opinion. Thanks for the encouraging words! The past few days are just taking FOREVER!!
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 11, 2008, 10:56 PM

I don't know push your doctors for the truth.. I had 2 boys with hear murmurs and they just monitor them my oldest who is 23 still has it. They will know more with the ultrasound they can see the heart and the chambers. I know it must being driving you nuts thank god they found it now just listen to your doctors. Carefully if you don't understnd soemthing maake them talk to you till you doooo..

I wish the best for you and your baby

Oct 12, 2008, 06:06 AM
    The baby is a year old now, he has out grown the heart mummer. They no longer detected it about a week before birth. And since then the doctors have had no sign of relapse yet. They said it was common for babies in the womb to experience a "heart mummer" but most out grow it before delivery; they were right.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 05:02 PM

That's good to hear that your baby was all right, that's all that matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal steps to relinguishing rights to unborn baby [ 5 Answers ]

I have found out that I am 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. My ex fiancée is the father, but he doesn't want any part of it. I want to know exactly how to go about legally getting him to relinguishing his rights, so that down the road I don't have to worry about him trying to come back into our lives. I...

Unborn child [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 27 year old male with a 22 girlfriend that is pegnent and I want to keep the baby and she does not what are my rights Thank you

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

Kitten has fast heartbeat w/ meowmoan [ 1 Answers ]

My farrow cat was really energetic until this morning. She lies around and can't lift her back end she is breathing really fast and hard with a crying moaning meow. She has dialed pupils and won't open her mouth for me at all. She won't eat or sleep. She seems to get worse every hour. Please help...

View more questions Search