Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grandi Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Captive hippo teeth
    My wife and I are curious why captive hippo teeth are shortened (and how). Is it a hygienic or safety issue?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:39 PM
    The do this for safety reasons! They have a very large ,curved canines, used in aggressive displays that can be extremeley dangerous. Don't worry though, this doesn't keep them from eating, hippos cut the grass off not with their teeth, like most grazers, but with their broad, tough lips.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condo being held captive by son-in-law [ 3 Answers ]

Sticky son-in-law situation. 2 Story-Condo my daughter had before marriage 6 years ago is being lived-in currently by her husband while my daughter is in respite care for a disabling disease. 25+ y/o daughter cannot walk up stairs or take care of herself in the downstairs of her condo because of...

Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 years old . Her front teeth has fallen out naturally at the age of 4 years, but the new teeth is not coming out still. Is there any problem with her teeth or should I wait for some more time.

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search