Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Jul 27, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Long wave length light therapy:
    Hi to all; Has anyone worked with 800 to 850 nm light? Many thanks for your time. Statictable
    Budhabelly Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Aug 9, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Hi, I am currently using laser with 810nm wavelenght, and 100w power. 700-900 is considered therpeutic range for musculoskeletal problems as well as trigger point treatment and laser acupuncture. It does not produce any heat, and the light is infrared. Most devices are around 800-850. Don't LOOK into the probe when its on, as the laser can damage your retina!!
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Aug 9, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Budhabelly; Many thanks for your information. This has pointed me in the right direction. Best wishes. statictable
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 11:32 PM
    "It does not produce any heat, and the light is infrared"

But infrared IS heat..?
    Budhabelly Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Aug 10, 2007, 04:28 PM
    The difference is in the wavelenght. Higher wavelenght have more heat and are used in cosmetic surgery (hair removal, acne treatments etc)

Some lower wavelenght become red visible light, and that also produces heat (which is what I believe you were referring to Capuchin)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2007, 04:41 PM
    No, infra-red IS heat. We all emit infra red in the form of heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay track light - pendant light cord length [ 2 Answers ]

How can I shorten the length of the light cord on a Hampton Bay track system ? There is a tube that plugs into the track that has a serries of screws but there is also a screw at the light base also.

Long and light period [ 3 Answers ]

I'm eighteen years old and three weeks ago I came off a three week period. I was wondering when I can expect my next period and I am also a little worried because the period was so light - basically just wore pantyliners and lites the whole time. I am having sex but we use a condom and since we...

Electric long distance light [ 1 Answers ]

I need to run Electric to Driveways lights that are nearly 450' from the switch. I am concerned about Voltage Drop, and it's effect. The lights in question will be CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamps), the small 26 watt variety you see in hardware stores. The 5 lamp-posts, (spaced along the...

Changing long fluorescent light bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I admit I am a dummy when it comes to electrical things. I am having a ens of a time removing and changing 48 inch fluorescent bulbs in our kitchen ceiling fixture. I was able to remove one easily but it didn't light up. The other 3 bulbs won't come out!! Is there a trick to these...

How long will my battery give me light? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a garage in a building, along with about 30 other people. We have all had electricity in our garages, but we didn't have to pay for it - people who lived in that building paid for it. However, about a few months back our electricity was cut out from our garages, because someone supposedly...

View more questions Search