Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kira Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2005, 12:30 PM
    Oh my cat won't use the litter box
    My male cat is about 1 year and in my old place he went to the litter box and then he became a full time outdoor cat and just came in at night to sleep and eat but never used the litter bow now I have moved out into a new place and I don’t want him to run away but he will not use the litter bow he pees on my blankets on my floor and so on and I don’t know what to do can you please help me
    Thanks
    :mad: :confused: :o
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 14, 2005, 12:07 PM
    There could be many reasons... 1. It's a new place and he has to 'mark' his territory. 2. He always did his 'duty' outside, so put a little dirt in a box, maybe he does not like cat litter, sometimes the 'false' perfumed smell repells them instead of lure them. 3. He does not like where he lives now, and let's you know his way - that will pass with time and patience. Cats are territorial, so the more you move the more stressed they get. When he does do something right, let him know verbally that you are pleased and reward him. Believe me, cats are sometimes more intelligent than dogs, and I've raised both. The key is to 'talk' to the cat repeatedly using the same phrases either for praise or dissapointment in him, he'll get to understand you quick. There are some real neat cat books on the market, and maybe even yard sales, when you find some, look through them, they usually help answer your questions too. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat and her litter box [ 10 Answers ]

I have two cats (a male and a female). My female cat uses the litter box, then instead of covering her urine or poop, she just walks away. A minute or so later, my male cat will go into the litter box and cover it up for her. I have never seen this behavior before and I am wondering why she...

Cat Goes Outside Litter Box [ 20 Answers ]

We have 4 cats! Only one of them, either goes Poop in the Litter Box and does not cover it up or drops the Poop on the floor just next to the Litter Box. It is a neutered 3 yr. old male. Any suggestions of how to correct this problem?

Cat litter and cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

Hi just want o no what type of litter do you use for your can't and how do you clean if after its dirty, like do you put in the garden or the bin?

Runts of the Litter [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am interested in getting a puppy (American Pit Bull Terrier)... Here is a little background... The current breeder who owns the puppy said that it was the runt of the litter, but it is healthy.. The puppy is about 12 weeks old and around 20 lbs. THe parents are 125 lbs (Sire) and 80 lbs...

Help! My cat just had her first litter of kittens... [ 1 Answers ]

My charteux is about 3 or 4, and she had her first litter of 5 kittens in the early am Tuesday.1 kitten died. But the other 4 are fine. Was wondering if the kitten escapes there spot where she has them is it OK to pick them up and put them back where they were? And also how do I know if they are...

View more questions Search