Ask
    mayela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 06:57 PM
    What do I do if I want to dump a girl:confused:

I don't know
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Let her know the truth-- if it's been α long relαtionship 6 months+ let it to her down slow..
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 07:33 PM
    It all depends on how long you have been together and how attached she is to you. Letting her down easy is the best way to go though.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 28, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Either way if she has feelings for you then no matter what you do, it will hurt her.
    The best thing to do would be to identify why you want to break up. Then tell it to her straightforward.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 10:39 AM
    You be honest and straight forward. You can simply say that the relationship is not working, because you feel it is not. If you have reasons, state them but do not go out of your way to be mean or hateful. Breakups are hard enough without adding to them.
    DatingDiva Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mayela
    what do i do if i wanna dump a girl:confused:

i dont know
    Do it in person. Be honest but not hurtful. Allow her some time to absorb what you're saying. Most of all, don't say you want to "stay friends" if in fact you don't!

How To Break Up With Someone: Saying Goodbye to Your Partner
    Superfed Posts: 32, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mayela
    what do i do if i wanna dump a girl:confused:

i dont know
    There is know easy way.
    What has worked for me is this: Have her start an argument with you that gets you really mad. You won't feel as guilty to walk away if you are angry with her.

Tell the truth I read someone say? No girl will ever tell a guy the truth when she is done with a relationship. Women can be very cold hearted when they meet that "hot new guy." Believe me, I have been there many times...

DUMP HER!!
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 07:20 AM
    [QUOTE=Superfed]There is know easy way.
    What has worked for me is this: Have her start an argument with you that gets you really mad. You won't feel as guilty to walk away if you are angry with her.

Tell the truth I read someone say? No girl will ever tell a guy the truth when she is done with a relationship. Women can be very cold hearted when they meet that "hot new guy." Believe me, I have been there many times...

DUMP HER!! [/QUOTE

Not all women are cold hearted... remember what goes around comes around. If she was going to dump you how would you like her to tell you?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 31, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Gentle Honesty.

Keep it short and sweet, no clichés, just be honest but kind. Tell her the reason, but no need to elaborate... but give her enough for closure so you can both move on. If you want to stay friends, say so, but only if you really mean it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Just give her the usual "Dear Jane" speech ; you know, something like "You're a nice girl, but this just isn't working out between us." If she insists on knowing why, tell her honestly but tactfully. Don't let yourself be made to feel guilty by her or anyone else.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 10:27 AM
    That speech actually hurts more then you'd think...
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Why would u like to dump her!
    Let me know if she is a bad girl or good girl?
    It's different depends on who she is...
    Let me know then I'll think of the best way
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 02:45 PM
    [QUOTE=jrb252000]
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfed
    There is know easy way.

DUMP HER!!![/QUOTE

Not all women are cold hearted...remember what goes around comes around. If she was going to dump you how would you like her to tell you?
    What goes around comes around? No one intentonaly breaks up with someone. If it isn't working out, it isn't working out.
    The only reason a girl leaves a man is becauce they met someone else.
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    Just give her the usual "Dear Jane" speech ; you know, something like "You're a nice girl, but this just isn't working out between us." If she insists on knowing why, tell her honestly but tactfully. Don't let yourself be made to feel guilty by her or anyone else.
    Mayela asks: what do I do if I want to dump a girl?

DUMP was how he phrased it. Not a good attitude from the get go.
    Why don't we ask why Mayela wants to DUMP his girlfriend before we can give any advice.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 09:00 PM
    There is know easy way.

DUMP HER!!!
    Starting an argument I don't think that is sound advice but to each his own...
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 05:56 AM
    "Dump" ; "break up with" ; all basically means the same thing. Let's not read too much into little words here and miss the forest for the trees. I'm sure his reasons for wanting to break up with her aren't personal, i.e. has nothing to do with her looks and personality. If she was really so unattractive and/or boring, he never would have gone out with her in the first place. That said, there's nothing wrong with him taking a somewhat vague and global approach in the interest of sparing her feelings, though she's bound to get a little wounded regardless, as typically happens when there's a break-up. A basic "it's not working out between us" or "we're just not compatible" are entirely appropriate. They're truthful statements yet without personalizing the issue. If he has indeed decided that he wants to break up with her then it's 100% true that they're not compatible ; otherwise he wouldn't want to break up with her. Now the reasons for the incompatibility can be as varied as there are stars in the universe. And if she's going to push the issue then he may have to come right out and be honest, though he should do so with tact. If he's seeing someone else, he may have to say something like "I want to have a chance and date others ; I don't want to be tied down to any one person." Again, completely honest and not likely to hurt her feelings any more than they're already going to be hurt as it is. If women and/or men aren't able to be truthful when breaking up with someone, it's not due to any innate female or male temperament but rather a lack of communication skills and/or misguided perceptions about sparing one's feelings.
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 06:01 AM
    "Dump" ; "break up with" ; all basically means the same thing. Let's not read too much into little words here and miss the forest for the trees. I'm sure his reasons for wanting to break up with her aren't personal, i.e. has nothing to do with her looks and personality. If she was really so unattractive and/or boring, he never would have gone out with her in the first place. That said, there's nothing wrong with him taking a somewhat vague and global approach in the interest of sparing her feelings, though she's bound to get a little wounded regardless, as typically happens when there's a break-up. A basic "it's not working out between us" or "we're just not compatible" are entirely appropriate. They're truthful statements yet without personalizing the issue. If he has indeed decided that he wants to break up with her then it's 100% true that they're not compatible ; otherwise he wouldn't want to break up with her. Now the reasons for the incompatibility can be as varied as there are stars in the universe. And if she's going to push the issue then he may have to come right out and be honest, though he should do so with tact. If he's seeing someone else, he may have to say something like "I want to have a chance and date others ; I don't want to be tied down to any one person." Again, completely honest and not likely to hurt her feelings any more than they're already going to be hurt as it is. If women and/or men aren't able to be truthful when breaking up with someone, it's not due to any innate female or male temperament but rather a lack of communication skills and/or misguided perceptions about sparing one's feelings.
    The word "DUMP" shows no compassion.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 06:03 AM
    The word "DUMP" shows no compassion.
    Maybe not. Maybe he truly lacks compassion. Or maybe he's not good at expressing himself.
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Maybe not. Maybe he truly lacks compassion. Or maybe he's not good at expressing himself.
    Funny, he hasn't been back to this thread since he started it. And we are all bickering over his post. I am done here...
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Aug 1, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Just be honest and tell her how you feel. No matter what you do if she has feelings for you it's going to hurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's With Dumping And Suicide [ 8 Answers ]

So, Why Is It When A Person Dumps Someone That The Partner That Was Dumped Feels Like Killing Themselves? Well, A Example Of This Was My Ex. I Dumoed Him Because I Knew He Was Cheating On Me And Then The Next Day He Brought A Knife To School During Lunch Hour And Slit In His Wrist, What Is The...

Dumping a ghost image from one partition to another. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am having a problem ghosting a HD using Ghost I have a 40GB HD split into 2 patitions which both boot: Partition #1= 20GB (Windows XP Pro) partition #2= 20GB (Ghost Image) Rebuild Computer. What I'm trying to achieve is dual boot after POST, opt1 boots Windows XP like...

Dumping my computer. Do I have all my backups covered? [ 3 Answers ]

I've given up on fixing this old fart... so am backing everything up. I've backed up My Documents Outlook Express .dbx files for the folders Outlook Express Address Books Desktop stuff that was not shortcuts IE Favorites FF Bookmarks

Question about dumping [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all, This is my first post here and I need a little bit of advice from you all. I recently met a girl on an online dating site, and we had spoken quite a lot a week or so before first meeting. We seemed to get along great. However, when we met in person, she was not exactly what I was...

View more questions Search