Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KHernandez Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 05:03 PM
    No power in therm unit
    Hi, I need help fixing ac unit. I called the help desk for my Hunter thermostat and they had me try and start the fan using a metal paper clip. The problem before I did that was that it wasn't starting. There was power but it wasn't regulating the temp. Well in the process I cause a shortage and now there is no power coming from the thermostat at all. What could be the problem? How could I fix it?

Non handy woman =(
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
    If you are lucky, you may have just blown a fuse on the printed circuit board in the furnace( looks like an automotive fuse 3 amp.) It simply pulls out to replace, if you don't have this fuse then it is likely that you have burned out the transformer in the furnace, This would have to be checked by use of a volt meter. Mike

Jul 27, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KHernandez
    Hi, I need help fixing ac unit. I called the help desk for my Hunter thermostat and they had me try and start the fan using a metal paper clip. The problem before i did that was that it wasn't starting. There was power but it wasn't regulating the temp. Well in the process i cause a shortage and now there is no power coming from the thermostat at all. What could be the problem? How could I fix it?

Non handy woman =(
    OK, I'm not ac/heat literate... so where would the fuse be? When I take the face off the wiring is there and the little screws that I tried to use the paper clip to activate fan. Instead of putting clip on g and are I put it on c and are which c controls the power... which is why I shorted it... so... where would the fuse be? And where could I find the transformer, and the volt meter... wow I'm just lost but I want to fix it... your help is greatly appreciated mike...
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Inside unit. Open panel. Do you see a circuit board? Fuse will be there. Transformer will be a black bos type componet with wires n both ends SOON HAVE WIRING DIAGRAM on panel for reference Careful Be sure and cut power to unit before working. If youo do not have a volt meter you will have to go to hardware store Home depot Lowese or sears. To get one.

Jul 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
    No, I there no fuse just little wires connecting to little screws... and I don't see a black component... this sucks.

Jul 27, 2007, 05:52 PM
    http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL723/.../268277562.jpg

It's by Hunter fan co model 44760
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Your picture is a little fuzzy, but that is the circuit board. Somewhere on it there should be a fuse. It is not visible in the picture. At the top of the forum, there is a sticky that includes pictures of things like a transformer. Many furnaces have a light that indicates the board is getting power from the transformer. Does yours?

Jul 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KHernandez
    Hi, I need help fixing ac unit. I called the help desk for my Hunter thermostat and they had me try and start the fan using a metal paper clip. The problem before i did that was that it wasn't starting. There was power but it wasn't regulating the temp. Well in the process i cause a shortage and now there is no power coming from the thermostat at all. What could be the problem? How could I fix it?

Non handy woman =(
    I don't see afuse just those little wires... I don't see one on the sticky that looks like mine... and if I put the face on there is a message saying no power...
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 03:50 AM
    May be time to call a tech in to get unit working again. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Outside Unit sounds like it has power but not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

My A/c is running but not cooling. When checking, interior unit fan and thermostat are operational, outside unit blower is not running. You can hear the electric buzz of power trying to make the outside fan blow but no movement. Check the capacitor visually on interior unit and appears...

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

Replacement of electric unit with gas unit in mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

#1 Dec 27, 2006, 10:32 PM vcavina New Member Join Date: Dec 2006 Location: California Posts: 7 Electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home

AC/Heating unit stopped running - No power [ 4 Answers ]

My Janitrol AC Heating unit stopped running suddenly. I can neither use the Cool nor Heat (if I switch to either on the thurmostat I hear nothing). The fan doesn't run either when switched to ON. I checked the cirtcuit braker for the AC/Heating using and it was in the ON position, but when I try...

View more questions Search