Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddies Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Eye infections
    My dog has had 2 eye infections in the past 9 weeks, both times it has been in her right eye the vet "seems" to think it maybe allergies, if it is allergies why is it just the one eye? Also could it be maybe her hair is irratating her eyes?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:40 PM
    I vaguely remember something about eyelashes growing the wrong way or something. I would take a good look at the eye and let the vet know what you see. I would think the vet should have caught that.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Maddies, I never accept a vague or "possible" diagnosis from my vet. Allergies is a very broad response and he should have given you some constructive direction on what to do about it. So, you need to stay on top of him for an answer, if labman's suggestion doesn't fit the problem. If your vet cannot give you a definite diagnosis or give you some suggestions to attempt to alleviate the problem, it is time to find another vet.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:43 AM
    L seldom question a vet's advice, but sometimes suggest another vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infections [ 31 Answers ]

Hey guys got a problem. My fiancé says that she is getting "yeasty" not long after we have had sex. The last few times we've had sex, I made sure to get extra special clean, but she says it happens again. I've been to a doctor to have some test done on me, but he says I'm clean. What are we...

Kitten eye infections - help! [ 28 Answers ]

My 9 week old kitten has developed an eye infection in his left eye , which emits a yellowish snot stuff- is there a way to treat this from home possibly without having to go to a vet and pay with money I don't have? Any and all help would be more than appreciated - thank you!!

Kidney Infections [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection and treated twice with anti botics. The last antbiotic was so hard on my system it left me with joint aches and retaining water. I just don't know, I still feel horrible it has been March 1, 2007, The drug was Levaquin and the docs are saying maybe the...

My dad and his infections [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am asking about my dad who is 75 years old he is disabled. He suffers from Ascites Liver decease decompensated 2 degrees: He is in remission from alcohol for about 4 years, however he has oedema of the stomach. He is constantly getting urine infections where he is losing all awareness of his...

Frequent infections [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I am a very worried mom. My son, who is 19 years old was diagnosed with mononucleosis almost 1 year ago. It seems since then, he catches everything that is going around. Presently he is sick with an oral thrush, has had a fever the last few days, although that has now cleared up, and a...

View more questions Search