Ask
    dharris22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Claiming taxes
    Can I claim a person who doesn't have a social on my tazes
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 12:46 PM
    No - to claim a dependent you must report the dependent's SSN or ITIN (if the dependent is not a US citizen or resident).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming my child on my taxes [ 4 Answers ]

Does my child have to be at least six months in order for me to claim her on my taxes?

Not claiming a W2 on your taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I received roughly $780 in Unemployment Benefits. I was issued a "W2" for the amount I earned. However, after the W2 was printed, I received a court order to pay back all money I received on Unemployment. Would I have to claim this W2 on my taxes, even though I have to pay it back and...

Claiming a child on taxes [ 11 Answers ]

My Husband and I have one son together and he has one that he pays child support for. We pay child support with no questions asked and have for all 5 years of his life. The thing is that we have him the exact amount of time his mother has him... One week on and one week off. My question is "Is...

Claiming children on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this board and hope someone can shed some light on this. My ex and I were divorced in October. In the final decree it is stated that we switch years for filing out only child on our taxes. This would be my year to claim him. My ex is now saying that he was told that we could both...

Claiming children on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My ex seems to think that he is qualified to claim both children on taxes this year... we have joint custody and have each claimed one child for the 3 yrs since we've been divorced.. last yr I went back to school, so my income was lower since I didn't work a full year, but I do have income from...

View more questions Search