Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mathandler1 Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Foreign Exchange Transaction - Operating Income
    On October 1, 2001, Mud Co. a U.S. company, purchased parts from Terra, a Portuguese company, with payment due on December 1, 2001. If Mud’s 2001 operating income include no foreign exchange gain or loss, the transaction could have

A Resulted in an extraordinary gain
    B Been denominated in the U.S. currency
    C Caused a foreign exchange gain to be reported as a deferred charge on the balance sheet
    D Caused a foreign exchange gain to be reported as a separate component of stockholders’ equity
    E Caused a foreign exchange gain to be reported as an accrual on the balance sheet

I choose (b) if there is no foreign exchange gain or loss then the functional currency stayed in the U.S. and therefore the currency was denominated in the US. Is there someone out there that can confirm that I am right or not in giving this as my answer. And if not what is the correct answer. Thanks!

Jul 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
    I choose (b) if there is no foreign exchange gain or loss then the functional currency stayed in the U.S. and therefore the currency was denominated in the US. Is there someone out there that can confirm that I am right or not in giving this as my answer. And if not what is the correct answer. Thanks!

Jul 28, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Wow! I cannot believe my eyes that no one is out there that does not have his/her own thoughts regarding this question. I figure that there would be more than zero out there that would be respond with confirmation of either that I was correct or I was totally off the track with my answer. I really am interested in knowing if someone else has come up with the same asnswer as I did or with a different one. Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Jeeze dude, give the people TIME to answer. The people who are here are here on a voluntary basis and may not be online at this moment, considering it is a weekend they may be doing things with friends and family.

Chill out. While we do not do homework for our posters it is clear that you did do yours and you showed effort. Someone will help you when they get online.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign exchange rates [ 4 Answers ]

A U.S. company makes a credit purchase in Mexican pesos when the exchange rate is $.107 and pays for the goods when the exchange rate is $.108. Which of the following statements is true? a. A foreign-currency translation adjustment gain has occurred. b. A foreign-currency loss has...

Foreign Exchange Account [ 3 Answers ]

I am thinking about opening a foreign exchange account to protect the value of my money. I have a bank account in California, United States. Can anyone suggest me a good web site for that? Perhaps a web site for a company. Account with high interest rate in foreign currency is preferred. ...

Foreign exchange [ 2 Answers ]

I will travel to Europe this May and I need to buy Euros. What is cheaper to buy them here in USA or get them in Europe using my Wellsfargo card? Also what is the difference in price using today as a reference? Thanks in addance, Astrid :confused:

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

View more questions Search