Jul 27, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Gorbachev says U.S. is sowing world ‘disorder’
    Link to story:

Gorbachev: U.S. sowing world 'disorder' - Focus on Russia - MSNBC.com

Bush and his neo-con buddy,
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Kind of sounds very eerily similar to the message in the Zeigeist movie.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jul 27, 2007, 07:51 AM
    I think Gorby's full of Glasnost. I stepped in some Glasnost the other day and it took me hours to scrape it all off my shoe.

Putin is siting there trying to reconstitute his nuclear program and threatening to point weapons at Europe and the USA, but Gorby thinks that Bush is sowing disorder? Oh, please...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Hahahhahahaha "Glasnost". I get it! You equated it to poop! Hahhahahahah, good one.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.yet
    To be more precise, he is accusing Washington of attempting to build an empire since the Cold War ended…world leadership by a single power. Now when he say’s ‘Washington since the cold war ended,’ just who is he accusing?
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.yet
    “The Americans then gave birth to the idea of a new empire, world leadership by a single power, and what followed?”

“What has followed are unilateral actions, what has followed are wars, what has followed is ignoring the U.N. Security Council, ignoring international law and ignoring the will of the people, even the American people,”

“When I look at today’s world I have a worrying feeling about the growth of world disorder,…”
    “I don’t think the current president of the United States and his administration will be able to change the situation as it is developing now — it is very dangerous,”

“It is a massive strategic mistake: no single center can command the entire world, no one,” he said. “Current America has made so many mistakes.”

The above is what Mikhail Gorbachev said, and the rest is what Reuters News said. Now you may think differently but it seems to me Reuters News is purposely misleading and this is a blatant attempt to cause friction.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
    The UN ;one world government... sounds to me that global communism is thus achieved .Not by force of arms... but the willing capitulation of free nations.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 09:28 AM
    No need to have a Gorbasm, why should anyone care that Gorby is still upset over losing HIS empire? I can see it now, Gorbachev will be the new poster child for the rabid left - Cindy Sheehad and Gorbachev hand-in-hand strolling down the mall protesting the war. Perhaps he'll even campaign for her against Pelosi. And by they way Cindy, I have a theme song for your campaign...
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    The UN ;one world government ...... sounds to me that global communism is thus achieved .Not by force of arms ....but the willing capitulation of free nations.
    That stings. Is that what we can expect from Obama since he's willing to negotiate with Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea "without precondition" and "not afraid to lose the PR war to dictators"?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Thanks for posting the link to that article. I agree with Gorby. The US is spreading disorder in the world in its attempt under Bush to build an Empire. I have observed how ham handed Bush has been as a President. With great wealth and power comes great responsibility.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jul 27, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Thanks for posting the link to that article. I agree with Gorby. the US is spreading disorder in the world in its attempt under Bush to build an Empire. I have observed how ham handed Bush has been as a President. With great wealth and power comes great responsibility.
    Bush has freed two nations totaling more than 50 million people from two tyranical regimes and has gotten nothing in return for his efforts except ajida... and you call that "empire building"?
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Thanks for posting the link to that article. I agree with Gorby. The US is spreading disorder in the world in its attempt under Bush to build an Empire. I have observed how ham handed Bush has been as a President.
    Lol, I can't believe some of you people. In one breath you say Bush is a dufus that couldn't find his way out of a paper bag with a flashlight and a map, in the next you give him credit for destroying the constitution, stacking the Supreme Court and building an empire. Please make up your minds.

With great wealth and power comes great responsibility.
    EXACTLY! We finally agree. Instead of sitting on his butt "deploring" things and singing Kum-Ba-Ya while the world goes up in a big ball of Jihadist flames like the rest of the world does, Bush did something about it!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    Bush has freed two nations totaling more than 50 million people from two tyranical regimes and has gotten nothing in return for his efforts except ajida... and you call that "empire building"?
    The word "freed" is highly debatable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating Disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong area as I am not entirely sure where this should be asked. My question is about eating disorders. Can a slightly overweight person be anorexic or bulimic? How do you know if a person has an eating disorder? Any ideas? :confused:

Do I have a sleeping disorder? [ 21 Answers ]

Im am so tired these days. Im having problems sleeping at night no matter how tired I am. It doesn't happen every night but at least twice a week. I have to be up Mon - Fri at 7.30am, and some days at work I still feel asleep. I don't believe I have anything on my mind keeping me up, but I...

Period disorder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like your valuable suggestions for my following problem. I was married 4 years back and we are awaiting a baby. I have a problem with my periods. What could be the cause for these disorder of periods? Could anyone please suggest me how can I proceed further ? Also I have one...

Blood disorder [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnoised last year with "drug induced TTP" a month later I was in the hospital with a blood clot. I have been getting my PT INR blook test every 6 weeks but the results are going to my primary doctor. Does anyone know what kind of doctor I would be best have following my case?

My cat has a disorder [ 1 Answers ]

My cat just turned 2 years in Dec of 2004. I have had her since she was a couple weeks old. I didn't have to buy her, the kittens were given out for free, so I had no information on the cat's parents. When she was almost 1 year I moved from Louisiana(where I got her) to Rhode Island, where we are...

View more questions Search