Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gymnastsass Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 07:23 AM
    TV Cable ripped off the back panel.
    Does anyone know how to fix that. Or if not anyone that I could call in Denver, CO?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Did the cable fitting on TV get ripped off, or did cable separate from fitting.
    Worse case, may be able to solder short piece of coax to break inside, and drill hole in back, and install barrel connector.

Jul 27, 2007, 08:15 AM
    It was the whole piece that came off.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 27, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Your TV cable will have a connector on the end, called an F-Type connector. Is this part that was *pulled* off from the cable?

Is this part still attached to the TV? If it is you will need to unscrew it from the TV and put it aside.

Now, you will have a TV cable with a bare end. (i.e. no connector).

You can go to a hardware store and ask them for a twist-on type F-connector. Simply twist this connector back onto the bare end of the TV cable. Now connect the cable to the TV.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Just thinking on a whole other tangent, does your TV have RCA cables or whatever their called (the red, white and yellow ones) if so just run the cable through that by putting the coax into a vcr or switch, or if you have digital cable it should have the RCA connectors also.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Thanks, actually I did this when the threads on the back of my TV co-ax connector stripped off, actually the video quality was quite noticeably better.

Jul 27, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Thank you very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

Do I need anti-oxidant coating for Aluminum service cable into a SquareD panel [ 1 Answers ]

The 1/0 AL cable from the meter comes into the 200A SquareD panel. I just installed this new panel replacing an old Federal pacific panel. The SquareD panel accepts either CU or AL cable. While connecting the AL cable to the main lugs on the panel, do I need any anti-oxidant coating on the cable?...

Using Aluminum Cable for 100 Sub Panel [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to be installing a 100A sub panel in my garage and need about 125 feet of cable. The price of aluminum is about 1/3 of copper so I'm just wondering what needs to be done differently when installing aluminum vs copper? Is it worth the hassel and/or risk? Thanks in adance! Pete

Gibson dryer- took off back panel oops [ 1 Answers ]

I stupidly tried to take off the back panel of my Gibson front panel electric dryer (GSE746RFS1). Now, the screws won't go back in because the drum appears to be moved in such a way that the place the screws used to go is not in alignment. HELP! Thanks, Vickie

View more questions Search