Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shanuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 06:58 AM
    My Ex Wants to terminate my parental rights
    I was married in MS ten years ago and the two of us had a daughter we were married until my daughter was 3, then she decided she wanted a divorce, for about a year after the divorce I had my daughter almost all the time, then she met a guy, every since then they have done everything to take away my daughter, it started with them having me arrested for not paying child support, the charges were dropped when I proved I was paying CS now I haven't seen my daughter in 3 years, they keep saying I have to stay at there house and I can't take her anywhere, finally I got mad at her mom on the phone about a month ago, and now I got served papers saying they are going to adopt her out from under me? Is this possible, I pay CS, I carry health insurance on her, I live 5 states away, and could see her more, I just don't want to sit in there house as horrible as they have been to me, if anyone has advice please let me know
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Hello S:

You need to fight, and fight hard! Get a lawyer.

What kind of visitation agreement says that you have to stay in their house?? NONE, that I've ever heard of. IF you had a lawyer, THAT would never have happened.

PLUS, if you had a lawyer, they would never have been allowed to move 5 states away.

If you're getting screwed, and you are, you're spreading 'em for them.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2007, 07:16 AM
    They cannot terminate your rights without your consent. Nor can they adopt without your consent. What you don't say is what visitation was granted in the divorce and why haven't you tried to enforce it? They are trying to use the law against you, turn the tables.

As excon said, get a lawyer and enforce the visitation. Or get the visitation modified.
    Kygal Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Does your divorce agreement say you must visit in their home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to terminate my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know how to terminate my parental rights to my kids who hate me and refuse to visit .

Terminate parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

My son who is 15, used to live with me and my wife. I had physical custody. He became violent and disruptive and very hard to handle. My exwife moved him in with her for a while, but he also got into trouble there. To make a long story short,he now lives with my ex brother in law and he now has...

How do I terminate my parental rights in tx without having to pay much? [ 26 Answers ]

OK well I've made my decision... I've thought long and hard for obviously a really long time and now have decided to terminate my rights as my daughters father. The main reason for me doing this is yes she will have better medical care and now I have seen how happy she looks with her new dad and I...

Terminate parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a child who has never had contact with her father. He left me when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I want to know what I need to do to terminate parental rights in Texas.

Dyfs wants to terminate my parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: I need to find out if anyone is familiar with this subject... in NJ.. Need advice ASAP!! 5 Children and 1 is a newborn!! Have comleted all services in 13 months that dyfs has given us * parenting * counseling * family counseling * Indivual counseling My husband completed a...

View more questions Search