Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtm31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Lost 401k
    Hello -
    I worked for a company in 2001 & 2002, I had moved out of state and did not transfer my 401k plan onto my next job, because they did not offer Retirement benefits. I am back in the original state I worked in, in 2001 & 2002 and am working at a place that offers 401k. I am trying to track down my old 401k to try and roll it over to my new company. How can I go about locating it and making this happen??
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 06:30 AM
    You should be able to contact your HR department at your old job and request for them to send you 401K rollover paperwork. It should be that simple. Usually it's a one page document that you complete and submit to you new employer or if you have opened a 401K with a broker you wold submit it to them. It typically doesn't involve much more leg work then that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Haven't you tried contacting your old company? That's the logical thing to do first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

401k lost [ 2 Answers ]

I had a 401k at another job I was out of work 4 about a year when I got my new job got full time I tried 2 roll my 401k over 2 my new retirement plan now its been about 5 years guardian corporation the 1 I was through said the state took it is there any way I can get it back there was a lot of...

Lost 401K [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find old 401K. From my other Jobs in the past?

I lost my 401K [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had a 401K with my first Job out of college in 2002. 9months later the company unexpectedly went out of business. I always thought I would get info on the 401k in the mail, but nothing ever came and I don't even remember what company they set it up with. Is there anyway to look it up?

View more questions Search