Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wild_girl Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Jul 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
    BELLY BUTTON piercing! Rejecting! WHAT to do?
    Hey there! Here is my story!

Well I got my belly button pierced for the first time... it rejected after about 9 months. It seemed totally healed, than out of nowhere started to swell, get red, and rejected and puched all the way through my skin. I had it pierced wth just a silver barbell. Everyone said it was because I didn't cleanse it with Sea salt, and that's why it got infected.

I got it pierced AGAIN... with a silver barbell... and after about 2 months, it totally rejected again... same thing happened as last time---just sooner. I also didn't clean it as much.

A couple years later I decided I was ACTUALLY going to clean it, and got it done again with a silver barbell... and after 2 weeks... it rejected.

I have silver in my nose and ears, and have nevrr had even the slightest infection with those,I don't think I am allergic to silver--- People have told me to try titanium or surgical steel barbells... if I got it pierced again.

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GIVE THE OTHER METALS A SHOT?? Why do you think the other 3 rejected? Cause of the metal or?

ANY HELP! THANKS!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 07:59 PM
    If your belly button has already rejected 3 piercings it would be a good idea to just leave it alone.

Some people don't do well with piercings in certain areas. It doesn't matter what metal you use, your belly button just "doesnt want a piercing there".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I don't know what subject this would fall under so I just picked one well I would like my belly button pierced but please whoever answers this do them like I do please!! ?#1 can I get it done with a gun ?#2 how bad does it hurt ?#3 can I get a gold belly button ring put in Please...

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Belly button piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How long would I have to stay out of the pool if I get my belly button done

Belly Button Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm only 13 and I want my belly button pierced and I'm wondering if I should get it done now or wait a few years? Is it good to get it done in a specific time of year or does it not matter I really am looking for some answers please help!! :cool:

Belly Button Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a belly button piercing for about 5 months now and it is taking a very long time to heel. I was told to use Mecca to help it heel but it has been discontinued, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

View more questions Search