Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MilitaryMan19D30 Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jul 26, 2007, 04:39 PM
    How to not score a 180!
    Hey Pros,

Looking for some sound advice on sucking less.

Thanks.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
    The best advice I can give you is to take a lesson, even a half-hour lesson. Then practice what you've learned at a driving range. Golf is one of thoe games that you can't play 3, 4 times a year and expect to be good at.

Good luck. I love the game and have recently kind of cured my slice with a lesson from a club pro.
    mike9927 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 02:05 PM
    I play 10 or less times a year and normally shoot around 105. I actually shot an 86 once but I can't do that often. I think once I focused on keeping my head down through the swing and stopped trying to kill the ball, I hit straighter and more consistently. Let the clubs do the work.
    forry16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Best advice I can give - is also cheap... buy 2 cheap dowel rods... take them to the driving range and place the range ball in between the rods parallel to your swing path and alignment (space them about 6 inches apart). Hit balls as normal without hitting the rods. Sounds easy but it will help you to not open or close the face of the club.

Also concentrate on a smooth tempo.
    kasey54 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Shorten you backswing and swing easy. Concentrate on hitting the ball straight, not far. Once you get in a good rhythm, you'll learn to accelerate through the ball, not swing harder.
    BoomerPro Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Apr 3, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Suck up the testosterone... Yeah I know every guy wants to hit like Tiger.. and most guys will go into a Golf store and look for the baddest driver and the sales guy aks how far he hits it now.. "300 yds" yeah OK... shorter swing is good, if you can hit the driver and stay out of trouble fine... but the best bet is to stay safe... and learn the short game, that is where all the scoring happens
    golfaholic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 02:04 AM
    First of all yeah, you got to take a couple of golf lessons.
    Next is REALLY, REALLY get comfortable around the greens. I don't play that much (twice a month). I have taken only 10 hour lessons in the last 5 years of playing and I'm proud to say that I average in the low 80's high 70's due to my interest practicing at the chipping green twice a week. Try it but don't forget you still have to take golf lessons with a proper coach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 180-200 pounds fat? [ 27 Answers ]

I'm a female and 21. About 5.6 tall. I'm around 180-210 pounds. I haven't gotten weight in a while. But is around that much heavy for me? Like, unhealthy? My fiancé tells me that I'm fine and I tell myself I'm fat. I hate the way I look and I've tried to lose weight in school~lost a lot but only...

Confused, he did a 180 [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 6 months now. I told him that I was going to be leaving for college at the beginning of the relationship and about three months into it he said that he would go with me. About two months ago he started changing. He used to tell me that he loved me...

180 degree misalignment Wall Receptical [ 3 Answers ]

Which way do I install a grounded three hole wall receptical? Two slots on top and ground hole on bottom (little face) or Ground hole on top and two slots below (christmas tree)? Does it matter? I've noticed most recepticals have writing or numbers which are read right side up when the (little...

Tax returns for L1 and L2 for less than 180 days [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am from Texas, I came in US on October 1st 2006 with my wife and want to file for the tax returns. As I understand I will get the whole amount I paid as tax since I stayed here only for 3 months in 2006. I have the SSN but my wife doesn't have neither SSN nor ITIN. 1) Can I e-file my...

180 degree copper elbow? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone makes a 180 degree copper elbow. I want to run a length of 1/2 inch copper pipe back next to itself (if that makes since.) Using two 90 degree elbows keeps the two pipes too far apart. I want them to run next to each other. I thought of using soft copper pipe but didn't...

View more questions Search