Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nikimc64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Beta Fish Water
    I have a couple beta fish, one in each bowl and after I clean their bowls, I rinse the rocks and the bowl with just plain water and than put the fish in but ontop of the clean water a few days later a thin layer of this clear 'film' starts covering the top layer of water... what is that clear film and how do I prevent it from happening?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 02:21 PM
    It is caused by the water sitting there with no movement. If you don't want this to happen, get them little aquariums (they have small ones for the size of a beta). The filter system will keep the water continuously moving, and also you won't have to change the water as frequently :)
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Fish create pollutants.
    The thin layer is fish pollutants (old food, urine, excrete) mixed with dust.
    The only way to prevent this is to change the water daily or, as mentioned above, get a little tank with a filter system.
    Good luck and happy fish keeping:D
    Maybaby100 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 02:45 PM
    I raised many bettas myself. However there is a possibility that its water pollution because betta water can get easily polluted. Also the water needs to be aired out because the tap water is very poisonous to the fish (about 2, 3 days the water is ready) I hope this information was helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beta fish won't eat and doesn't move much [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone I have a betta fish (fish stick). I just got him about 2 weeks ago. He was pretty shy at first but warmed up to us. He became energetic and when I went to feed him he swam to the top every time. I recently just noticed that he wasn't eating any of his pellets and when I fed him he...

Do fish drink water? [ 2 Answers ]

My almost 5 year old daughter wants to know what happens to the water in her golfish bowl. She says the fish drinks it. I am not so sure.

Beta fish tank problems [ 4 Answers ]

We Have two make betas in one tank yes they are in different sides we also have two other betas in two other tanks the tank with the two betas is cloudy and smells like cat urine? THE other tanks are fine any ideas?? :confused:

Beta fish sick [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Buddah3, my office mate of 3 years, is sick. He had "pop eye" in one eye so I moved him into a new bowl and used mardel trisulfa - his "pop eye" went away. But he has not eaten since (3 weeks or so). He was hungery but could not get food in his mouth. It was as if he needed glasses...

Beta Fish [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I got Beta just like this one, 1 week ago, his a cute little Beta Fish! I would like to know what kind of water does he need, for his little aquarium, for the moment I but at W-Mart a gallon of drinking water is that good? I would like to know, Any comments? OK here is my Beta Fish!

View more questions Search