Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kacy1055 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Sudden decreased water pressure in new home
    We have experienced sudden decreased pressure in all outlets of the house. The home and well is only 5 years old. The decrease is in all sinks, showers, etc. We have changed the water filter and checked the pressure in the water tank. What should we be checking?
    scirocco70 Posts: 128, Reputation: 9

Jul 26, 2007, 08:11 AM
    If the pressure is fine at the tank, obviously there is a restriction after that...

Check the valves? Has any work been done recently? Sometimes the whole-house valve or post-filter valve does not get opened all the way up following work...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden Water Pressure Loss [ 4 Answers ]

I woke up this morning and noticed a significant loss in the water pressure in my house. The water is coming out of the faucets at less than half it's normal pressure and the water going to our irrigation system had such low pressure that the sprinkler heads would not even rotate. I have zero...

Sudden increase in water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My house has a city-fed plumbing system. Yesterday, the water pressure coming out of our shower elevated to the point that it hurts. I didn't notice a change in how the toilets flush, but a couple of the other faucets in the house seem to have slightly increased pressure as well (I may just be...

Sudden low water pressure in house [ 12 Answers ]

I suddenly lost almost all water pressure in the entire house. While doing a load of laundry, about halfway through, the washer could not pull enough cold water. I switched to hot and it pulled fine from the hot water heater tank. Immediately after, all of the faucets would only trickle. The...

Sudden loss of water pressure [ 6 Answers ]

A couple of days ago I turned on the water at my kitchen sink and it came out with the usual force, but then about 10 seconds later it slowed down considerably. This continues to happen on both the cold and hot water, but I have not seen this happen at any of the other faucets in the house. ...

Decreased water pressure & noise in pipes [ 2 Answers ]

We have noticed in our kitchen sink (our home is a three family and we live on the second level) that the water pressure has decreased from the faucet although the pressure in the sprayer is OK. What could be causing this given that the water pressure in the bathroom is fine? We've also noticed...

View more questions Search