Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    check_himu Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jul 26, 2007, 06:05 AM
    How to edit msdos.sys
    I am using windows xp professional.
    I open msdos.sys with notepad but it is empty. What is the problem? I want to change some settings in that file. Please tell me how to view the contents of msdos.sys.
    Remember I am using windows xp professional.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 26, 2007, 06:09 AM
    What are you trying to do as XP doesn't use MSODS?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 26, 2007, 06:28 AM
    The msdos.sys and autoexec.bat files are basically a placeholder. It is not used by XP, that's why they are blank.

If you want to edit the two files, you need to right-click on a dos program, and select properties, go to program tab, and click the advance button. There you can specify an autoexec file and config.sys file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIMEM.SYS failure not allowing Win 98 to boot [ 1 Answers ]

I was attempting to update my PC over the weekend when I left it unattended and some files were deleted off my C: drive to my recycle bin. Now I can't even log onto my 98 system. When I go through the boot process I get stuck at the MS DOS prompt of C:\>. What can I do to either reinstall Windows,...

Power supply and sys board/cpu [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use a power supply that says "for pentium 4" with a pcchips board and an AMD sempron 2700? Supply is a 400.

Msdos boot partition? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I try to clean install windows 95 on my computer but it says you don't have a msdos boot partition , how to make a boot partition on the hard drive, I format my hard drive and make new partition with fdisk before installation but it didn't help me out.

View more questions Search