Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SilverRainMixedwTears Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Witchcraft?
    Witches... I'v heard you can be wiccan, how? Are you born that way or can you become? Any body actually wiccan and has done spells or enchantments or what ever you do? Im courious... :eek: any help will will good! ** edited for spelling***
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 09:05 AM
    One becomes wiccan by choice observing nature in its many raimnents. As far as spells and enchantments, that is just a misconception on the part of ignorant people.
    punkrock58 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Aug 16, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I'm not actually wiccan but you become it its almost like a religion/life style... and the spells and such is in almost all religions... its really a matter of beleaf and others disbeleafs or beleafs on it... your mine has an incretable effect on the reality around you... look at it this way... jesus use "magic" walked on water, cure the sick made the blind see... Chi is another form of "magic" its really how much you beleave and have faith in it type of a deal... a good movie to watch in my opinion on just subject of life and the unknown is called "What The Bleep Do We Know"
    DarkRoots Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRainMixedwTears
    Witches.... I'v heard you can be wiccan, how? Are you born that way or can you become? any body actually wiccan and has done spells or enchantments or what ever you do? Im courious....:eek: any help will wil gud! ** edited for spelling***
    I believe wiccan is a religion and I must admit that I do enjoy getting an understanding of nature and the power that it holds. The spirits talk to me always about the power that's within.
    mrah Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Wicca is a religion, a way of life, a set of beliefs. Wiccans are people who follow those beliefs. Much as christianity and christians.
    You become one of your own free will as with all religions.
    The spells are rituals where you focus your thought and energy towards a specific goal. But you also have to actively work towards that goal.
    sre241 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 07:41 PM
    My sig is enough to tell you all where my hear lies.

Blessed be the name of Jesus Christ, True Lord and Savior of ALL Humankind.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Wicca is a religion, and you become Wiccan through study--either independently, through books, or through working with other Wiccans (which is way way better).

Just as Christians use prayer as a focus, Wiccans use "spells". I highly recommend you don't get into any religion because of what you can get out of it, though. I mean, you can become Christian to get the free breakfast Sunday morning, and the acceptance of your family or whatever--but you should BE Christian because of your faith in Jesus Christ. Same goes with Wicca. You become Wiccan because you believe in the Goddess and the God, and believe that the Goddess gives us free will to help better the world around us.
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jul 22, 2008, 10:12 AM
    One thing to know about Wicca is that we accept that everyone worships in his or her unique way. Where as other relegions are closed minded enough to think their way is the ONLY way.
    My suggestion is do some reading and study. If it is the right path for you then you will know. If it is not at least you have learned about our beliefs and know what we believe.
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Sep 16, 2008, 09:57 AM
    You cannot be born Wiccan. If your parents/guardian are Wiccan then they may bless and consecrate you as a Wiccan as an infant but the choice is ultimately yours when you come of age to understand what religion is. However, yes, a Witch can become Wiccan if he/she wishes. Its not required. Though the term "Witch" was adopted by Wiccans in 1999, it is not exclusive to us. Anyone who practices magic (good or bad I'm ashamed to say) can call themselves a Witch. And those who stay on the lighter side of magic can become a Wiccan if they so chose. I hope this answers your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vampires? [ 12 Answers ]

We always here all this stuff about vampires but "none of its real" somebody couldny just make this up could they? Any feedback? Do you beleve have? You seen? What I really want to know (and Kind of want to beleve!)

Spells and Witchcraft [ 27 Answers ]

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I am in search of either of the following, or both if possible: - Love spell, that doesn't require ingredients of any kind - Sleeping spell, that makes the person stay asleep until you choose to let them wake up.

Title Of A Movie (Witchcraft) [ 3 Answers ]

I am tryning to think of a title for a movie about a witch who makes friends with a blonde haird woman very famous actor. A lot of the movie is a blur to me but I remember that the lead witch has a bobed hair cut that is jet black in coliur and she makes some kind of purple potion that allows her...

Things That Make you go Hmmm! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dating a woman for over a year. Now engaged and at one time I thought she was unfaithful with someone from her past. I got over that until just recently when she has cut back on our activities in the bed room. We take showers together and all so I haven't see anything suspicious. ...

View more questions Search