Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TWINKLE1109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Influenza pandemic
    If the bird flu virus gained the ability to pass between humans. In what ways would it affect the UK? And what would be do to resolve them?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 10:39 AM
    The UK and the world overall have had 4 years to enact emergency provisions /plans for a possible out break of an avian pandemic. But given typical government inherent inefficiencies one has to question how competent their planning is .

My own belief is that it will not happen . In the 4 years 372 people have contracted the disease with about 191 dying from it. Sometimes the warnings sound like cassandra cries to me and that all this preparation we result in nothing more than the latest version of Y2K . I'm sure that Roche will be thrilled with the sudden increase in demand for Tamiflu.

I am hopefully optimistic that since it hasn't mutated in environments where people live in close contact with poultry that it will not do so until at least some kind of medicine is developed to combat it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bird flu pandemic! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, have you heard about the possibility of bird flu mutating and being spread from human to human?? I'm paralysed with fear every time I let myself think of such a disaster.. what would the world become if such a thing happens?? Do you take Tamiflu or Relenza as precautions? Or do you keep...

Influenza in the eyes [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know what to do about a viral influenza that has attacked my Moms eyes. She can not see right and has headaches. She is 67 years old and this will not go away for over a month now. Her doctor is saying there is nothing else they can do and is now avoiding her. My sister says it is just...

View more questions Search