Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartbreaker07 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 07:52 PM
    I am their doughter.
    My father and me have a hateful relationship, we both hate each other. And I do really mean hate, just looking at him makes me go crazy.I hate his voice, and it hurts because that I thought the father should be there for the doughter, well my mom always tried to hide anything that my father thought was wrong for me to do.Everytime I meet someone my mom would bother me until I broke up.I dated this guy which my mom didn't approve, he asked me to marry him, and I said yes.After awhile, I broke up with him because I couldn't deal with fighting with my mom and father.I haven't talked for so long and we live in the same house.Now my mom don't like my new boyfriend or my new friends that I made when I moved to fl.She is telling me how I need to get my streight, and calling me diff names.Y can't they let me be me?? I am who I am.It hurts that you have your both parents hate u.Just give me a break, Just one day, I want to wake up and be in my brothers place.
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Cool story... but you type like your about 12 so your probably just overreacting...
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 25, 2007, 08:49 PM
    If both of your parents are seeing things in you that they think you could improve or change, maybe you need to ask yourself why? If it were one and not the other, then maybe you could say that it is just the way your relationship is, but when it is both of them - perhaps there is something you need to address?

Why don't you sit down and talk with your parents about what they think is wrong, you can tell them how you feel, they can respond... communication is a strong tool.

Though Haxzor50 above is very rude in his response, it would interest me to know how old you are?
    -

Jul 26, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Okay I know I was rude, but come on... she types like she's a 12 year old that just got offa myspace or something lol...
    kileykookoo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Awwwwwwwwwwthats soooo sad I'mm sooooo sorry

Jul 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Thanks, I'm 19, and I tried to talk to them, my dad don't listen, he don't want to do anything with me, and as far as my mom I'm a child gone bad. They are so strict to their colture that they don't understand I could have an opinion
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 09:39 PM
    What would happen if you secretly did something nice for your mother and also for your dad?
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Mira... compare her to me...
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Sorry to here about you and your father,My father hated me to he was an alcoholic and was insanely jealous of my mom and I's relationship.I was cursed out daily,told I was a leech and parasite.He threw cast iron frying pans on the wall where I was sleeping to wake me up at 4 in the morning.To make a long story short,I left in a hurry when he told me that he was going to cut my heart out.If your 19 please try to get out and start living life,good luck!Iwas 18 when I left.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Could you move in with your brother? Would he let you? You are an adult and could leave your parents house. You definitely need to get out of such a toxic environment.

Aug 7, 2007, 06:27 AM
    I thought about it, but once I leave he won't allow my mom or my brother to c me so
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 06:35 AM
    May I ask what their culture is? It may be a little easier to help if we understand the culture.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbreaker07
    i thought about it, but once i leave he wont allow my mom or my brother to c me so
    Ok, so that is it. You have two choices, to leave and take the chance or to make the best of the situation. You don't have to return the hate, act like you love him, you love everyone. See what happens. You have to do something different or it will always be the same. Anything you can do, like a job or a hobby? Don't bring your boyfriends home, keep your private life completely private, you can do that. It might help with the pressure coming from your mom. Hugs to you sweet, I know it is hard for you!;)
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Aug 19, 2007, 11:14 AM
    That was a rude comment hax, I have bad spelling to but that does not mean she is incapable of feelings and help shoved asidebecause of it. No comment would have been beter.
    Any way heart breaker, It sounds to me like your mom tries to keep the peace, meaning she tries to get you to cut off the relashionships to sufice your Dad, am I right?
    Regardless you are 19 and if it is really bad you should set your sites to a plan for
    Getting out and starting your own grown up life.
    JamieLynn Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Sep 28, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Sounds to me like your mom is just over protective and wants what's best for you. But parents don't understand sometimes that what's best for you might not be what's best for them. If you can move out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search