Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thepr0fessor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2005, 10:30 PM
    Driving to the basket help
    Hi I'm 15 years old, 5.7 and 110lb. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice/tips on driving to the basket effectively during a game while being guarded. And please be specific because I would really practice it and appriciate it thanks :)
    DaAznBallerz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2005, 12:07 AM
    Weeeee, I just signed up, first time replying a message. I am not that great at basketball, but I am at standard level.
    I'm 5'6.5" 138 pounder. I really love driving in baskets because I play the position forward and requires a bit of driving.

Well anyway, driving baskets in isn't so difficult. But it requires you to sacrfice your body. Yes, you can't let a little pain stop you. You must take it all the way. Most of the time, you'll likely find yourself foul by the other player with them desprate to defend against you. If you cannot get pass this step, then you simply cannot drive.

-- Hope this help.
    voodoo[virus] Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2005, 01:00 PM
    Driving to the bucket
    If you become good at getting to the hole, you will encounter many shot blockers. Overcoming a shot blocker takes smarts athleticism and power.
    You need to be smart when driving. Know when to pull up or take it strong for a lay up, know when to go for 2 points, or try to draw the foul. This will come with experience.

Athleticism and power is something that I can also help you with. If you are interested in increasing your athleticism in particular email me back at [email protected] after using the information I will give to you, you will be able to go at shotblockers, whether they are 6 foot 2, or 7 foot 5!

My program will also help on the defensive end too, because you will be able to block shots, and move more quick!
    AWade Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Aye... im 5'7 and 130...

I play guard,and I know that driving is eesntial to having a good all around game.
    Few simple rules will help you to become a better offensive player...
    1.read and react to the defense,. for example taller,slower players can get higher... so go up and under them. Shorter players can't get very high usually so go over them.
    2.be explosive and lightning fast, opponents can't block what they can't see
    3.dont take a shtright line to the basket, you have two steps, but they don't have to go in a line. Cut in and out if you can.
    4.if you get blocked o miss, don't get discouarged, eevrybody misses.

Let me know if the helps you...

[email protected]
    rutnasty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Hey I'm a center. I'm 6'2 200 lbs.
    And I've always been taught to keep the ball high while driving to the basketball. This is of course when you've picked up your dribble and are starting your gather to the basket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pop up that's really driving me nuts! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok here's ths web addy that I have tried and tried again to get rid of on my computer. http://www.sysprotectionpage.com/ Now IDK if this is some kind of spyware/virus or whatever, I just can't seem to escape it. I have removed all sourses related to this addy, but it just keeps showing up...

Help this is driving me crazy [ 7 Answers ]

OK well I was suppose to get my period may 6 it was late and came on may 14th but it was very very lite. It didn't even soak a pad. And it went away 3 days later. Where as I am normally 6-7 days and very heavy. And on cd12 I had a dark red discharge and only lasted a couple hours but wasn't heavy....

I'm driving myself mad... [ 17 Answers ]

On the whole my relationship with my boyfriend is good. We are fairly honest with each other. Last wkend we went clubbing together, with about another 5 people. We had a good evening and got very drunk. There's this 1 girl who has known me and boyfriend forever, very sweet girl just abit...

It's driving me mad... [ 26 Answers ]

I typed out a whole long message regarding this, about why I think I feel this way, and what I think it's a reflection of, but I think it was far too long to bother you all with... The problem is that I'm sabotaging my relationship with my fiancé. I love him so much, and I know he loves me, so...

I need help in basket ball help me! [ 4 Answers ]

Look I need some seriously help in basket ball I don't know what type of training I need for good shot average and to improve my stamina,I also need help on how to play in my position I am a center.

View more questions Search