Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharea Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Delaware potential
    I live in Delaware - I have been awaiting a hearing date from SSI for about a year and 1/2 now. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a hearing date in this state? I do realize that it can vary from state to state, I'm just curious.:confused:
    AltaVista Posts: 70, Reputation: 12

Jul 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Hi, you're right about the differences between states. At this point (waiting 18 months) you should be getting the Hearing notice anytime now. Just wondering, but you did get the two initial denials, right? The 'first denial' and then you were turned down upon 'reconsideration'? You can usually call the ALJ office to check and see if a Hearing date has been set, along with the name of the Judge. This way you can do a little research as well as making any final preparations for the Hearing. Virtually all Judges will request a brief be filed about 10 days to 2 weeks prior to the Hearing.
    Best of luck to you!

Jul 31, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Since posting that question, I have been awarded!! :D Incidentally, I did already have two denials and I didn't even have to go to court! What a load off - thanks for your reply.

Jul 31, 2007, 05:37 AM
    It is my understanding that it is wise not to work when receiving disability benefits, as SSI will be looking to cut you off shortly thereafter - is this true?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"landlord missing in action" Delaware county,PA [ 5 Answers ]

I been living in a section 8 rented home for 3 years now, and my landlord has not been seen in a month. The last time I seen and spoken with him was dec. 30, he collected the rent and was going to fix my stove, he told me he will be back after the holidays. My landlord is always on time picking up...

Potential problem [ 11 Answers ]

So are 6 month old Lab has been sharing a bed with us for 2 weeks now. We have also started obedience classes about the same time. The issue is that he does not get off the bed when we ask him to. We literally have to pick him up off the bed. OK so we thought that was cute and all. This morning he...

Potential break-up [ 13 Answers ]

I've been dating this girl ever since last August, she's 24, I'm 21, she has 2 small children, and everything was going great until mid January. When she went back to school in mid January, we began to not have time to spend together, she always had work to do, so she suggested we take a break, and...

Live in Delaware and Work in Rockville,MD (D.C. Area) [ 1 Answers ]

Live in Delaware and Work in Rockville,MD (D.C. area) I am considering a job where I would live in Delaware and work in Rockville,MD. How would I have to pay taxes? Does this mean I would have to pay MORE taxes? Double? I hear so many different answers... not sure..

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

View more questions Search