Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nick1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Closet flange
    Hello,
    We did a bathroom renovation on a concrete slab, and we have an occasional water leak from the closet flange. After looking into it I noticed that the closet flange is NOT leveled with the floor, its higher on the back then in the front.

I would like to cut the flange level with the floor, and istall a new flange, but the problem is that the flange is a PVC offset and I don't think I have enough depth or height to install a new closet flange.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Nick
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Did you try a double wax gasket?
    nick1960 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Yes, But using the double wax makes it leak more often. Would cutting the flange flush with the floor, and putting a short flange with the plastic from a wax ring work?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
    The horn from the bowl should extend low enough to direct the discharge into the closet bend. Have youi tried a wax seal with a attached funnel?
    scirocco70 Posts: 128, Reputation: 9

Jul 27, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Or one of these...

Fernco, Inc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closet Flange [ 3 Answers ]

I am starting my rough in plumb. This is new construction and the finish floor is not in place and toilets are the first and second floor. This is all PVC. When do I install the closet flange? During the rough in stage of after the finish floor? Will the plumbing inspector be looking for the...

Closet flange too high [ 1 Answers ]

I'm redoing a bathroom floor and have a problem where the closet flange is going to be too high. The original floor was a mortar-bed tile installation, so the bottom of the flange is 1.5" above the plywood subflooring. The new floor will be backerboard/thinset/tile, and I think it will only be...

Closet Flange [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3" PVC closet flange in my basement that is mounted to the cement floor and the flange is cracked in several spots and leaking. How can I repair it without breaking up the cement floor, is there away that I can remove the top of the flange and insert a new one.

Closet Flange [ 12 Answers ]

I have seen quite a few questions regarding closet flanges but not exactly what I have going on. The toilet in my first floor bathroom has been leaking from the base so I decided to take the opportunity to update the entire bathroom. After removing the toilet I was shocked to find no closet...

Closet flange question [ 8 Answers ]

Finally got into the bathroom remodel I was planning. When I got the toilet off I saw a couple of potential issues with the closet flange (cast iron flange attached to 4 inch pipe with lead... I was scraping around and saw the lead). 1. The flange is crooked and well above the concrete slab....

View more questions Search