Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FlakaLoca Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Should I give my ex another chance?
    I'm 17 and I started going out with this guy when I was 15 (( off and on )). Well we'd always break up over silly things because at the time we were young and had no clue what we were doing. The 4th time we broke up it was because I "thought" we were growing apart and I wanted something new because we had been going out for 8 months. Well I went out with someone else (( he was this guy I had been knowing since we were like 6 years old )), and that ended up fading and we realized we were better off as being friends. Well about 5 months later my ex that I was with for 8 months called me and was telling me that he missed me and wanted to give our relationship another try and I felt the same way so we went back out but it only lasted about 2 or 3 months and I was confused and I wanted to talk to some one else and I told him that maybe we should be friends for a while and maybe if the feelings are still there after a while then we can start going out again. Well he called me earlier and I guess him and his girlfriend broke up a while ago because he kept talking about me and she said he wasn't over me yet. We are both single now and when we talked earlier he was telling me that maybe we should take things slow and then eventually like in a month or two get back togetha. I have mixed feelings about it, I really don't know what to do because I want him and I still got feelings but at the same time I'm not sure because I kind of want some one else. I also don't think I'm ready to get back in a relationship with him right now. I told him to let me think about it and I really want to take my time thinking about it because I don't want to rush into something like I did the last few times. I know that I'm going to have to make the decision on my own but a little advice would help me make that decision... thanks!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 11:44 AM
    From the tone of your thread, it doesn't sound like you're really ready or interested in having an exclusive relationship with someone right now. And at your age you don't need to be. At this point I'd keep my options open and not get tied down to any one person. You can certainly socialize with this person if you want but don't make any promises of exclusivity.
    jelsusmc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 05:22 PM
    It sounds like you guys wernt very solid, I don't know if starting a relationship over again would be the best idea. You might find it to be just a waist of time. But going out every once in a while and having a little fun together sure never hurt anyone.

Jul 25, 2007, 09:08 PM
    OK thanks guys! I'm going to take your advice and maybe be friends with him for now until I really decide what I want
    Delicious-D Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2007, 01:50 AM
    Its what comes from the heart I have been though this before and trust me the second time sometmes works but it really depends on you though... keep your head up k

Jul 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
    OK thanks... I decided not to get back with him and let him be a memory of the past because we were talking on the phone and he hung up on me because I wouldn't go back with him and he said I broke his heart but its whateva because I was tryna do what's right for me and I feel I did the right thing... but thank you guys for your advice it really helped =]
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Jul 27, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakaLoca
    im 17 and i started going out with this guy wen i was 15 (( off and on )). well we'd always break up over silly things because at the time we were young and had no clue wat we were doin. the 4th time we broke up it was because i "thought" we were growing apart and i wanted something new because we had been going out for 8 months. well i went out with someone else (( he was this guy i had been knowing since we were like 6 years old )), and that ended up fading and we realized we were better off as being friends. well about 5 months later my ex that i was with for 8 months called me and was telling me that he missed me and wanted to give our relationship another try and i felt the same way so we went back out but it only lasted about 2 or 3 months and i was confused and i wanted to talk to some one else and i told him that maybe we should jus be friends for a while and maybe if the feelings are still there after a while then we can start going out again. well he jus called me earlier and i guess him and his girlfriend broke up a while ago because he kept talking about me and she said he wasnt over me yet. we are both single now and wen we talked earlier he was tellin me that maybe we should jus take things slow and then eventually like in a month or two get back togetha. i have mixed feelings about it, i really dont know wat to do bcuz i want him and i still got feelings but at the same time im not sure bcuz i kind of want some one else. i also dont think im ready to get back in a relationship with him right now. i told him to let me think about it and i really wanna take my time thinking about it bcuz i dont wanna rush into something like i did the last few times. i know that im gonna have to make the decision on my own but a little advice would help me make that decision.... thanx!!
    Do yourself a favor, try just being friends with him first. If you have strong feelings for him after that, then try it again. Girl your still young and have your whole life ahead of you. Enjoy it because it will fly right by before you know it. Don't ever settle for something that your not sure of. Because before you know it your going to look back and say what the hell was I thinking? Take it slow and enjoy the out of your life!
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 28, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Wait it out a little bit..:)
    MisZGlamorousZ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 02:04 PM
    In the end, only YOU can make that decision! If you want him then go for it, if you don't then tell him the truth (in a nice way). Maybe you should just be friends with him and if he can't accept that then there is really nothing you can do about it. Only YOU can live your life and you have to do what's best for you and what makes YOU happy. You can't be with him because you feel bad for him because its YOUR life and your the 1 that got to live it too... Good Luck && I hope you make the right decision!

Jul 28, 2007, 02:13 PM
    OK well I took you guys advice and I told him that we should be friends and he wasn't too happy about it and he said that I don't want him because he's in the past and he said that I treat him like trash && that is not true! He's only saying that because I won't take him back and I was tryna do wats best for me!! And I can't deal with his attitude so is this my fault?
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Absolutely not!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakaLoca
    ok well i took u guys advice and i told him that we should jus b friends and he wasnt too happy about it and he said that i jus dont want him bcuz he's in the past and he said that i treat him like trash && that is not true!! he's only sayin that bcuz i wont take him back and i was jus tryna do wats best for me!!! and i can't deal with his attitude so is this my fault?
    Of course it's not your fault. You made what you felt was the right decision and you were honest about it. Nobody can fault you for that. He may try to put the guilt trip on you out of his own disappointment but that's his problem, not yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give him one more chance? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a year and a half was my first true love. Everything in the beginning was perfect but in the last few months we had some nasty fights. I realized he was taking me for granted, possibly because we had so many plans for the future he stopped putting in effort keep me satisfied in...

Should I give him a chance? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy that I like. He made the first move and told me that he really liked me and kissed me. His best friend also told me that he like me a lot, which is apparently unusual because he has a history of being kind of a player and not really liking the girls he's been with. The...

Should I give him a second chance? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex says that he has changed... he's grown up, and wants me to give him a second chance. I don't know if I can though because we had been talking about getting married and then he left me. I don't know if I can stand the heartbreak if he leaves again, but I know that I still love him... what...

Should I give him a chance? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 17 &+ a Junior in hiqhschool and I met this dude in my class and he has been wanting to go out with me but I wanted to be with someone else... well he gave me his number and the last time we seen each other, he told me he got feelings for me! Well I don't know what to do, should I give him a...

Do I give him another chance? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that this ultimately is question that I will have to answer for myself, but I thought I'd ask, because maybe some of you have been there. I have been married for seven years to my husband, who was my first relationship, first everything. I'm 27... we married young. We have no children...

View more questions Search