Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Word document editing from email
    My boss emailed me a letter a week ago that was an edited version of the letter I had purposed to her. It offered me the option to accept or decline her revisions, which were in red text and underlined to tell me what changes she had made.

Today she sent me a letter and asked me to make some changes. I want to send it back to her the same way she sent me the last one. Does anybody know what I am talking about and if so can they spell this out for me as I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Under Tools, turn on Track Changes. This will insert new text in a different color with an annotation that you did the inserting. Any test you delete will be struck through.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Ahhh Scott Gem it's working but now I can't see half the document because it's covered up with my deletions! Any way to view the entire thing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2007, 11:39 AM
    You can set the view so it doesn't show the edits. Look up Track Changes in Word Help for a full description of what you can do with it.
    kwestbrook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    My boss emailed me a letter a week ago that was an edited version of the letter I had purposed to her. It offered me the option to accept or decline her revisions, which were in red text and underlined to tell me what changes she had made.

Today she sent me a letter and asked me to make some changes. I want to send it back to her the same way she sent me the last one. Does anybody know what I am talking about and if so can they spell this out for me as I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.
    If you have a document that is already written and you want to send it back with the adjustments or corrections. Just copy and paste the document to Microsoft word or compose another email screen and copy and paste the pages. Keep the screen side by side if you want to help you to remember what you were wanting to change about the document so if that way you don't lose any information. If you do copy and paste to Microsoft word than just compose another email screen and copy and paste the changed document then send it back to her.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Aug 19, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Ahhh Scott Gem it's working but now I can't see half the document because it's covered up with my deletions! Any way to view the entire thing?
    Under the View menu, click on the "Markup" item to turn it on/off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jpg to word document [ 12 Answers ]

I have received a scanned word document that is in jpg format. Is there a way I can take jpg and paste it into Word so I can work on it?

Converting .pdf to word document [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I need help in converting a "read-only" document to an editable document. I have an online presentation that allows me to customize the introductory page to meet the company's name and other information. But when I download the presentation, it is downloaded as a .pdf document. ...

Merging to a Spreadsheet from word document [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to merge a word document to a single sheet on a spreadsheet. Basically I want to print my invoices out and therefore the information I need to be printed on the invoice is contained under in the company spreadsheet on the sales ledger.

Spell checking is disabled in one Document in Word [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Word Expert: The spell checking is disabled in one of my Word documents (Word 97). If I copy the entire document to a new page in Word, the spell checking becomes enable. Do you have any other way to fix it except copying and pasting into another new page?

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search