Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HEATINGCOOLING Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Heating Capacity of a GMP100-4 FURNACE
    Hi. I am a new member and I want to be as specific as possible so I can get the correct answer. I have a GMP100-4 furnace working properly in my house. I need to know the heating capacity of this machine because I want to add a AC Coil so I can use a Condensing Units that I received as a gift from a friend. The condensing unit (Trane) is 3 tons and so I need to buy a 3 tons coil to add it to my GMP100-4 furnace. Someone told me that my furnace should be 3 or more tons to be able to add a new 3 tons coil. The condensing unit was only use for one year. My questions are:

1- How can I find out the capacity of my GMP100-4 Furnace?
    2- since the condensing unit is from Trane and my furnace I think is from GOODMAN, can I by the coil from any of these two companies?
    3 How much do you think it may cost me to have this work done by a licenced worker?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 12:05 PM
    This furnace is good for up to four tons of air conditioning(3 ton is O.K.) it is 17.5" wide, so I would try and get a evaporator coil that is the same width, name brand does not matter, just make sure you get one with an expansion valve on it and the same refrigerant.
    The price will vary greatly from one contractor to another and also the local labor rates.
    Shop around and ask your friends for referrals.

Jul 25, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Thank you very much for your answer.

Jul 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Hi acetc. Thank you very much for your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore GMP100-4 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore furnace (I assume it's made by Goodman), model GMP100-4, 1993. The initial problem was that the furnace only operated intermittently, it would run most of the day and then stop. I had to turn the furnace off to get it to operate again. After a few days of this this the furnace only...

Heating Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater does not seem to stay on. We have the temperature set with a timer and to a certain temperature. The heater starts in the morning at the given time, but turns of a couple seconds later, than starts again, turns of again, and this goes on and on. Which part of the heater need to be...

Furnace not heating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier furnace with an automatic ignition. The fan is constantly running but it is not heating. I had this problem before and a tech came out and reset it but I cannot remember what he did. I cleaned the permanent filter and replaced it and I am getting a LED code 33 which states "Limit...

Furnace cycling while heating [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar hvac (heatpump) with a gaspack. It is about 9 years old. I turned the heat on for 1st time this year to discover the problem. I took the cover off to see this happening: I turn the thermostat up and the pilot is one. After a minute of so, the gas turns on and the furnace lights....

Carrier heating/air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

We have a carrier gas furnace which is only about 5yrs old. The fan is not turning on the unit outside and it has begun making a loud noise but its working fine as far as heating the house. What could be the problem and would it cost a lot to fix. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search