Ask
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2005, 09:30 AM
    Message deleted
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Oct 17, 2005, 08:27 AM
    Interesting topic... Too bad there aren't any messaages in it... :p
    Anyway, I would like to ask you one question:

What is your idea of healthy eating ? Do you think you are eating healthy?
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 17, 2005, 08:33 AM
    Healthy eating
    It's pretty easy to find info on what it is we should eat, but most people, even if they eat the right things don't eat right. I wrestled for many years, and most people know that cutting weight is essential for most wrestlers. Even more important is not gaingin too much weight (fat) during the off-season. Typically, the easiest way to do this was as follows: Eat a huge breakfast, good sized lunch, and smaller dinner. Get to sleep by 10:30 and wake up no later than 6:30. This will help your metabolizm maximize it's performance. Most of the calories you take in will be consumed. The only other major thing to watch out for is that your dinner contains no sugar or little sugar (don't drink soda, kool-aid, etc) otherwise all your dinner calories will become stored fat. At least if yo udrink or eat sugar during the day your body is still active and can burn off some of that, though sugar should still be limited during daytime. By following this I was always able to maintain my weight and the weight I would gain in the off-season is muscle, not fat.

Oct 21, 2005, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SSchultz0956
    ... Typically, the easiest way to do this was as follows: Eat a huge breakfast, good sized lunch, and smaller dinner. Get to sleep by 10:30 and wake up no later than 6:30. This will help your metabolizm maximize it's performance.
    Thanks SSchultz but I don't see the connection between storing fat and weaking up at 6:30 AM. On the other hand, you are absolutely right about the size of meals.

Oct 21, 2005, 06:28 PM
    The connection is between sleep and your metabolism. Your body will function the best and at a higher rate between those times. Even if you slept from 12 am - 8am, although it's still eight hours of sleep, it's not as effective. For some reason waking up earlier in the moringing is healthier.

Oct 27, 2005, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SSchultz0956
    The connection is between sleep and your metabolism. Your body will funtion the best and at a higher rate between those times. Even if you slept from 12 am - 8am, although it's still eight hours of sleep, it's not as effective. For some reason waking up earlier in the moringing is healthier.
    Really ? That's good to know. I will try to get to bed earlier but sometimes you just can't... you know. Do you do that on weekends too ?

Oct 27, 2005, 09:54 AM
    Of course not. There are always things that get in the way, but try your hardest to follow it at least during the weekdays. I'm usually up later on the weekends too. That's not a problem, but mon through thu I don't think anyone really has so much todo they need to stay up late. Especially like me since I'm still in college.

Oct 29, 2005, 07:40 AM
    I think I could to that. I will try your method and post the results afterwards. Thanks.
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2005, 12:39 PM
    http://eatingforlife.com/
    Katiy Posts: 56, Reputation: -3
    -

Nov 22, 2005, 11:05 PM
    Nice topic
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Dec 5, 2005, 12:46 PM
    www.lifestylescanner.com
    www.fitday.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a healthy shopping list ? [ 6 Answers ]

What is a healthy shopping list?? I don't know how to cook, I get home around 8pm and I have a 16month year old son that is below average in his weight and I have no idea what to buy or what to cook. Where do I start?? I want to start by buying a healthy shopping list but then I wouldn't know...

Healthy diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,it had been great pleasure for me to get quick response from all of u.thank u.as I'm 5ft8inch and I weigh 52 kg so I like thin I want to increase My muscles fast as quick as can so tell me nice diest which increase muscles and testosterone.

Is this healthy? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I, (we're both women) met this other female couple 11 months ago. Because my wife and I were having problems with our relationship, we sought out a therapist. The therapist advised us that this particular friendship may not be healthy for us at the time due to many issues that came...

Healthy alternative to dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Please do yourself a favor and check out the 2 sites so you'll be better informed about what is really in dog food and choices you can make so your pet will become healthy and whole. They are: http://www.belfield.com (article Food Not Fit for a Pet) and http://www.api4animals.org (article What's...

Is this relationship healthy? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a mother of a 14 month old daughter. I work full time as a therapist. During my time at work my mother cares for my daughter half-the-week and my mother-in-law the other half. They both watch my daughter in our home. I very much want my daughter to have a good relationship with both sets...

View more questions Search