Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdummy12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Panasonic plasma TV
    I have a 42" panasonic TV, yesterday the screen went blank. When I plug the TV in I here a whining sound, then when I turn it on it clicks then the power light flashes seven times
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 27, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Apparently the 7 flashes is not really a diagonostic code. It means that the TV is detecting something wrong with your power, and that it is shutting down for safety reasons.

Try plugging the TV into another outlet. Also ensure that the grounding is good, using a tool purchased at a hardware store.

If you are using a power bar, remove it and plug it directly to the ac outlet.

You can also unplug the TV for about 2 hours, and then try again.

Take a look here for a solution. Looks like you may need to take it in for a new chip.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Your TV may have a serious problem, Think if power is good as mentioned above, Then Repair or replace may be in order. What model, Plasma?
    Do go to the link provided by HVAC888.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panasonic 42 inch plasma TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new Panasonic 42inch plasma TV and I am not happy with reception. I had new aerial system, top of range with booster for other room use. The signal breaks up on some channels( crack noise on sound / horizontal bands of picture distortion). Loss sometimes entirely of channels like FILM4....

Plasma TV wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find wiring diagrams for my specific components? I have a Plasma TV, Home Theater sound system, DVDR, CD player, and a Cable box. I have yet to figure out the best way to configure everything. Help please.

Plasma TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have brand new condo which has a brand new 50" LG plasma wall mounted TV. Cableman came to hook up cable but I can only get 12 TV channels. I tried plugging in another TV at same jack and that TV got all 78 channels so it probably not cable connection but in TV. On input menu it was set to...

Plasma TV [ 1 Answers ]

Moved into new codo and have 50" plasma wall mounted. Just had cable installed (basic , no converter) Cable connected right but only get 12 channels out of 78. On menu screen when I do program scan it recognizes only 12 channels and they are TV channels and not CATV channels. I checked input and...

Plasma [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any long term effects of donating plasma and if so what are they?

View more questions Search