Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cali_SunSet Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Yeast Infection?
    Im 17 years old and for the last couple of days I had discharge that looked like cottage cheese.I told my mother about it and she said it could be a yeast infection.She had bought me some medication that can help the infection in 3 days. On my second day of using it, my discharge suddenly changed from white cottage cheese to gooey yellow discharge. I don't get much itchiness and it doesn't sting when I urinate.I have been searching on the internet and found different kinds of yeast infections that matched my symptoms, including STD. Hopefully I won't have that since Im a virgin & I'm going to start my period in a couple of weeks.

My question is that is the medicine helping or making it worse?
    And what kind of infection is this?

I am planning to see the doctor on Thursday

This has been bugging me all day and now I can't go to sleep. :(

I hope I made this very clearly
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:55 AM
    It could very well be a yeast infection. Some of the discharge you saw was probably the melted medication. Give it a couple of more days. You won't know for sure if the medication worked until a day or two after you're done with it.

Jul 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Yeah I saw a doctor today and she said it was probably cause I'm going to start my period soon :/ and it will end along with it.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 10:24 PM
    To me you are describing common (normal) discharge. The discharge is white and gluggy during periods of infertility, at ovulation the discharge becomes watery and liquid and stretchy-this is to make a health environment for semen/sperm.

Because your period is due in two weeks I'd say that this is ovulation stage -mid cycle.

I have just read that you saw your doctor and they suggested the same thing-hooray!

Cheers

Jul 28, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Yeah but as today I found little bumps in my vagina. I just noticed it today and their only a couple. Should I be worried and see the doctor again or should I just wait till my period ends?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 12:27 PM
    The little bumps, are they on your labia (inner and outer lips)? If so, they are normal, we all have them.

Jul 28, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Yeah but one of them is near the vagina

If its normal then I got nothing to worry about right?
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 12:56 PM
    If it is normal. How big are they? You may need to be seen by your doctor.

Jul 28, 2007, 01:08 PM
    The bumps are kind of small and a bit red but has like a white thing ontop of it
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Since it is impossible to properly diagnose over the internet you will have to see your doctor for this.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I think she is describing sebaceous glands, however she seems to almost be describing the outlet of the urethra!
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Yes, but the whitehead looking bumps have me wondering if that is it or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infection? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: I think I have a yeast infection but I don't know I don't ich its just a discharge that's like think and white... so I took the monistat one night crap and it went away for a while then came back... I thnk I should go to a geno but I don't have one I actually don't have a doctor right...

Help with yeast infection [ 6 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been having a recurring yeast infection for the past 5 months. It first started when I was on some antibiotics. I went to my doctor and they prescribed monistat. It cleared the infection up within a week. However, about 5 weeks later, around my period, my infection...

Yeast infection? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, so I'm a 15 yr old girl, who has never had sex. And for the past couple days, I have noticed a discharge from my vagina. And it has been itchy and its really swollen. I didn't pay any attention to it, but now I'm not feeling well. With all I learned in school, the first thing that came to mind...

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a yeast infection and my discharge has a yellowish tint to it,should I worry or should I call my doctor.:o

Yeast infection? [ 3 Answers ]

These were my other posts that will help me explain my new one. I have found a birth control that's doesn't make me feel sick and it has help my period so that it has finally stopped. I am getting a lot of discharge now which before I was told was overgrowth in yeast. This would be the third time...

View more questions Search