Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahm6266 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Anger problems
    How does one control their anger in a relationship? How can u prevent arguments and just be happy with one another and just be fair?
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 24, 2007, 09:45 PM
    It isn't so much of controlling anger, as talking to your partner about the things that make you angry. Communication and understanding.

Jul 24, 2007, 09:46 PM
    What if it keeps happening over and over again. Its fine for some time then its back to the old cycle again?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Every relationship experiences arguments from time to time. There is really no way of preventing it, there will be disagreements among the two in the relationship.

If its true love, you will have your disagreements, your arguments, but no matter what deep down you will still love each other.

Me and my husband have had a couple of huge arguments, but we got past them and love each other even more for being able to get past them.

Jul 24, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mahm6266
    what if it keeps happening over and over again. its fine for some time then its back to the old cycle again?
    It's perfectly normal (and healthy) for couples to argue. Are the arguments that you are having huge blow up ones or minor disagreements? Are the arguments over the same thing constantly?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 09:51 PM
    When my husband and I start getting a little grumbly with each other or if we can feel an argument coming on, we go into separate rooms and avoid each other for a little while until the anger subsides and we can think more clearly about the problem or whatever it is. Once you can channel away the anger you are able to respond with a more open, clear mind. It really works just to walk away from a situation for a bit instead of being pulled in to the heat of an argument which usually ends up nowhere. It is also really important to never blame your partner... "it's your fault blah blah blah" it doesn't work and isn't right! Controlling anger takes a bit of time; you have to be persistent with anger management skills; worked for me!

Jul 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
    When my wife and I argue or get mad at each other, I take a drive (not a crazy po'ed drive) to relax and reflect on the situation. Very therapeutic for me.

Jul 24, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Here is the problem. Me and my "bf," (I say "bf" because we aren't really together its always on and off because we both like each other but stuff happens and I always end up breaking it off) got into an argument about a week ago and he has this habit of always saying something that gets me mad whenever we argue but he never means it. I'm not a mind reader so I don't know what he means and what he doesn't. So whatever he says, I believe it. His birthday was yesterday 7.24 and last week I told him that I wouldn't text or call him to wish him and he said that was fine and that he didn't care. So his birthday comes and I did what I said. I didn't call or text him but I sent him an email exactly at 12 saying happy birthday etc etc and that I'm going to give him some space since he's always complaining that I'm too up his back about stuff and that he just needs to breathe. So I decided to call later on during the day but he wouldn't respond or pick up my calls. Then he finally does and I find out that he is mad because I didn't wish him. He said that he was waiting for my call or text exactly at 12 am but I ended up just writing him a "stupid email." and then he just said that he wanted me to leave him alone and that I ruined the day. I got mad because I admit with him I get extremely moody and said that I give up and I can't take him anymore. What do I do now? Wait until he contacts me or what? Another reason why I didn't call or text him was because he always says I can't let him go whenever we argue and that makes me real mad because its like as if he's taking advantage of that and thinks he has the right to say and do whatever when we argue with the thought that okay who cares she will forgive me and come around calling or texting me because I know she can't let me go. Also because I wanted him to know that unlike him, I do what I say. Now I don't know what to do. Totally give up and leave him alone for a while and do what I say or what? We argue everyday its insane.
    touji-za-nai Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
    One thing I do, is I try to turn any argument into a debate... same thing really, it just doesn't hurt feelings in the end with a "debate" tag on it :P
    Delicious-D Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 03:14 AM
    :confused: it just depends... but just talk it over but what ever u do do not bring up the past it always messes u up... :cool:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Now I don't know what to do. Totally give up and leave him alone for a while and do what I say or what?
    This option gets my vote
    We argue everyday its insane.
    A long time apart is what you both need
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Who has the anger problems? If it's you then I'd suggest professional counseling, before you get involved in any more relationships. If it's your "significant other(s)", then I'd suggest avoiding people with anger problems in the future.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Aug 9, 2007, 01:48 AM
    I can't add more than the others here really except here is a GREAT book on anger and how to deal with it: "The Anger Trap" by Les Carter. Available on Amazon as well as major book stores and pretty inexpensive. Might help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help my anger [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and my name is Brandon. Ok look I have gone to counseling and anger management but none of that stuff works. My anger is starting to even scare me. I don't look for attention and if u want to tell me otherwise u might as well fuck off and pray I don't find you. Well I...

What to do with anger [ 37 Answers ]

I am just writing to ask about suggestions for dealing with anger and pain of unrequited love; and the person treats you like dirt on top of it. I already know that I was stupid to let it even get that deep, let myself be used, and for me feeling the same way for so long. I totally understand, it...

Anger problems and depression [ 4 Answers ]

I suffer from anger problems and depression. I just broke up with my girlfriend, because of my problem. I don't realize I am doing it until it is to late, until I hurt somebody emotionally. Then it is to late to fix it. My ex girlfriend and I talked for a little while after our break up, until the...

Anger at family [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I need some guidance on channeling my anger. Long story short, I have a younger sister who is a manipulative person who I do not care for personally, and I harbor a lot of anger and resentment towards her, especially how she treated my husband when we first got married. She has also...

Anger (and forgiveness) [ 19 Answers ]

So I am looking at this forgiveness idea again. Here is the thread that was started originally https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spirituality/forgiveness-26570.html?highlight=forgive+aqua I think I have put the cart before the horse though. After talking to someone this weekend he suggested that I...

View more questions Search