Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
    1990 Honda CRX Code 16 is giving me trouble
    My Honda was giving me code 15 and code 16. I've managed to eliminate code 15 and now code 16 just won't go away. My vehicle sounds fine and idles normal. It just suddenly dies sparaticly. Can anyone help me diagnose?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Code 16: Fuel Injector Problem

. Reset ECM.
    . Start engine and listen for a "click" from each fuel injector, using a mechanic's stethoscope or large handle screwdriver.
    . Disconnect 2-P connector from any injector that does not click. Measure resistance between the two terminals of injector. Is there 10 to 13 ohms? If not, replace injector.

Code 15: Ignition Output Signal

. Replace Ignition Control Module (ICM) inside the distributor. Here's how:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

If you didn't do this to solve the Code 15 problem before, I recommend you do it. It could still account for the engine dying. While you are at it, I suggest you also replace the coil and rotor.
    busi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 08:46 PM
    I already replaced the ignitor. I don't have that problem anymore just code 16. I've tried the screwdriver method already with the injectors. They both seem to be working. The car was fine at high and low rpms. I even disconnected each injector while running simultaneously and everything seems fine. How do I check the resistance for the fuel injectors.
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by busi
    My Honda was giving me code 15 and code 16. I've managed to eliminate code 15 and now code 16 just won't go away. My vehicle sounds fine and idles normal. It just suddenly dies sparaticly. Can anyone help me diagnose?
    Has the car been modified in any way?
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Jul 28, 2007, 07:28 PM
    You mentioned both injectors so you must have a DX with dual point injection. Code 16 is caused by an open in the fuel injector circuit. Your DX has the fuel pump and injectors on the same circuit and most problems lie with the main relay. I would start here for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda won't Start - Trouble Code 19 [ 3 Answers ]

My 95 Honda Civic ate its timing belt... I pulled it into the garage and proceeded to dismantle everything needed to change the belt. Followed Haynes manual. I replaced seals, belts, valve cover gasket, spark-plug tube o-rings, well, the works. I made sure that when the crankshaft pulley key was...

1990 honda civic dx hxbk w/91 CRX Si eng. Swap won't start [ 1 Answers ]

A few days ago my car started acting funny when I tried to start it. It was acting as if the battery didn't have enough juice to crank the motor. I let it sit for 15 seconds, tried again, and was on my way. It did the same thing a few more times and finally on Tuesday wouldn't start at all. I'm...

1990 Honda CRX Unable to read fuse instructions as it is in Jap! [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to read the instrustions on the fuse cover as it is in Jap and not english, can anyone translate this for me to English

1990 CRX no start, read the FAQ's... [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here we go…. 1990 CRX DX 1.5 Manual Trans, Canada Driving to work the other morning, came to a stop and my 1990 CRX quit. I tried to re-start but it would not fire. Rolls over just fine but not even a hint of starting. Got it back home and broke out the Honda manual.. Yes, I have the...

View more questions Search