Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shangzh2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2005, 11:50 AM
    how to express All the Other Variables Remain the Same
    Or Unchanged? I ever saw a phrase or word in a textbook and it seems to be a Latin word/phrase.

It is odd if you repeat "All the Other Variables Remain the Same/unchaged" again and again in the paper!

Thanks a lot
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2005, 08:36 AM
    "with the other variables held constant"

Also, if you state that this is the case early in the paper, that these other factors do not vary, then it should be understood throughout the rest of the paper.

Simply state that there are only a few (however many you have) factors that are variable, and the others are fixed/unchanged. State which ones vary, and then you should be fine the rest of the paper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should Pluto Remain Categorized as a planet? [ 24 Answers ]

Some astronomers have decided to demote Pluto and simply call it a Kuiper Belt object. What is your opinion. I personally see no harm in letting Pluto retain its planet status. Maybe the criteria for this classification should be size and distance. We might try using Pluto's farthest orbital...

PCI Express [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nVidia GeForce 6800 (128 MB ) AGP 8x . Will this card work on a M/Board with PCI Express 16x ? Can Anybody please tell me.

Shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the...

Simultaneous Linear Equations in Two Variables [ 1 Answers ]

Help I don't understand how to do them.

View more questions Search