Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captainclutch23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 02:21 PM
    School questions
    I'm going into eighth grade in September. Two years ago, I moved to a new school district.
    I only have 3 people that I actually hang out with out of school. Since I moved, I've always wanted to become part of this certain group of friends. I feel like it's the only place I'd belong. But, the problem is that they all have known each other since kindergarten. I've talked to them a lot, and I'm friends with a handful of them. But, I'm still not to the point that they invite me to their parties and to do stuff with them. I know they do a lot of cool stuff together because my best friend is part of the group. How do I become friends with them without making it look like I'm trying too hard? Also, I've been myself the whole time so I need better advice then "just be yourself"
    N0223C Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
    You said your best friend is part of the group. There's your ticket in! If he truly is your "best" friend, he'll invite you to their parties and to do the 'cool' stuff with them.

What kind of stuff are they interested in? What types of groups are you talking about?

If you show interest in something they are doing, or show that you have some knowledge about what they're talking about, they will take notice.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Ask your best friend to get u in.
    mikezapwnzor Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Yeah... I think your friend could talk to the other guys (or girls) and get 'em to start inviting you to their stuff...
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jul 25, 2007, 01:59 PM
    If you are acting like yourself and they still are not inviting you to go with them to places especially if you have a friend in the group... then are you sure that these are the type of people you want to be friends with?? I didn't hangout with any group in Jr. High or High school I had friends spread all over the bored and I turned out better than most of the people that were in those clicks... lol... all I am saying is that you shouldn't have to work for people to be your frined your true friends that will be there for life will accept you for who you are imidiatley.
    paige511 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2007, 04:06 PM
    One of my ex friends wanted to get into a group like you do and it ended up for the worse

Yeah she was herself the whole time and she finally got in but she lost her true friends just so she could hang out w. that group. And now they don't talk to her.
    All I'm trying to say is be true to your friends who you already hang out with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

5th School in 9 years, 3rd school in 5 years . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a few questions about visitation and Bio mom moving to yet another school district. 1. Bio mom has convinced oldest SD that money is more important than family, we have tried to get her to come home over the last two years... she refuses and BM does not make her( cops won't follow...

View more questions Search