Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsgreer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Toro lawn tractor clutch repair
    Hi I bought a used Toro lawn tractor model# 5700. The blade clutch on the engine crank broke. Both wires coming out of it broke off inside the housing. Is there a way to open the clutch up and replace the wires or am I stuck buying a new clutch?
    Thanks
    Stew
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jul 24, 2007, 08:45 PM
    It is a bakelite material and usuall the wires breaking off are a symptom of a cooked electric clutch. If no sign of overheating of clutch take a pocket knife or other tool and try to find end of wires. Certainly can't hurt.

Jul 25, 2007, 05:38 AM
    I looked inside the holes were the wires come out and don't ee any wire ends there. It looks almost like plastic or ceramic.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Neuaukumdon is correct. The symptoms are electric clutch has cooked.

Jul 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Thanks guys for the help. Not the answere I was hoping for but thanks the same for the info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro Lawn Mower Won't start [ 7 Answers ]

This lawn mower was given to me and it ran last year. I replaced the spark plug. Replaced the gas. Replaced the pin and the gaskets in the carb. I'm getting spark from the plug. Its getting plenty of gas... maybe too much?? After several attempts at starting it I removed the plug and...

Toro 57360 Clutch locked in engaged mode [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot shift when engine running, and mower keeps trying to move forward. Installed new belt. Ran following test: Park Brake ON Wheels chocked Tranny in neutral Clutch Depressed or Not depressed (makes no difference) Transaxle pulley still turns.

John Deere Lawn Tractor L110 Repair transmission [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in learning how to repair or find a rebuilt transmission for my John Deere L110 Lawn Tractor. I would also like any information on where I could find a repair manual for this model?

Craftsman 20.0 electric start 42 inch automatic lawn tractor mower clutch [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman 20.0 hp electric start 42" mower automatic lawn tractor Model 917.270940 and it appears the cable that allows you to engage the blades has broken. How do you either fix this problem or do we need to purchase a new cable. If we need a new cable how is it installed... I need...

View more questions Search