Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpinetworkingstudent Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2005, 06:47 AM
    How do I block other useres from getting into my wirless network?
    OK here I'm getting confused on trying to set up a block from the other users I only just want 2 computers getting on my wirless internet.. seems only fair I am paying for it... I tried to set up to where it can only set up on addy to my comp... and this is the part where I'm getting lost... I can get get it to one computer and the other would be able to work...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2005, 09:21 AM
    You have a few options.
    1. disable DHCP, set all PC's on your network to static IPs
    2. do MAC filtering: only allow computers with the MAC addresses that you specify

Of course you should always enable encryption - strong WEP or WPA.
    You don't have to broadcast your SSID which may hide your network.

Here's a few sites for you:
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1489
    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...rity-Home.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Block Sink? [ 2 Answers ]

Help? I think I got a blocked sink or a blocked air vent somewhere. Water just won't go down the kitchen sink but it will from the bath tub or toilet. I have dismantle the U trap under the sink and inserted a rod as far as it would go , water did not moved. Also if I push with a power...

Wirless invention [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on an idea on a wirless device.But I don't know were to start to find an electronic engineer,or something.with remote frequencies?:confused:

Crypt Wirless Network [ 11 Answers ]

Hey, I have crypt my wirlessnetwork with password, but I don't know the password of the network.Please. How can I change the password or use the network without the password ? Plzz help me A.S.A.P

New kid on the block [ 11 Answers ]

I have been asked to come over here and check this site out by one of you, and so I am here. Some of you know me, some don't. I am not here to argue with anyone. I don't want to banter or name call or any of the other childish things I've experienced on other sites such as this. I love our Lord...

View more questions Search