Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 08:40 AM
    What happened at the end of the US-Japan game?
    I was flipping through the TV channels over the weekend, and caught the last inning of a softball game between the US and Japan - I guess it was the finals of the world cup? The game ended quite strangely and I'm hoping someone can explain what happened (I'm a baseball fan, but am ignorant of the details for softball). The Japanese were batting, with 1 out and a runner on first. The batter hit a fly ball to the right fielder for the 2nd out. The runner was then heading back to 1st as the outfielder returned the ball to the pitcher. Suddenly the 1st base ump signalled the runner out - that's the 3rd out and the game is suddenly over, and the US is victorious. It seems the ball made it back to the pitcher inside the circle before the runner got back to the 1st base bag. Is that considered an out in softball?

Check out some similar questions!

Game Show Host game [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of an old electroinc board game that features a talking game show host? It was released in the late 70s or in the 80s. I thought the name of it was "Game Show Host" but I can't find it anywhere. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Differences in Japan [ 1 Answers ]

How does Japan differ from its Asian neighbors?

What if Japan struck first? [ 15 Answers ]

What would have happened if Japan had struck with an atomic bomb first? I have difficulty visualizing the USA giving up unconditionally.

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

Japan [ 1 Answers ]

In Japan's Shoguns Reject the West, both historians agree that the shoguns closed Japan to the west: A - To ensure loyalty and maintain the security of the regime. B - To bolster the economy for Japan's merchants. C - To keep out Christianity. D - Fo Fear of immoral influences.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.