Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pretty_in_pink Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Trojan
    Hi, I need help. We own an internet shop and the thing is the computers had virus, I thought it was worm virus bcoz it's been eating up my exe files, but now, I checked one of the computers, there is now an icon, a black icon that seems to be a guy with long hair... and it's been eating up my files fast, what should I do... I'm so desperate. I already formatted and re installed one of the computers, I turned it off and turned it on in safe mode then installed a game. I had to turn it off, then when I turned it on again, then I found out the exe file suddenly DISAPPEARD again... and every second counts... it's ticking because I don't know what file it's eating inside right now...

And another thing, I have AVG anti virus "shielding" my computers when this all started and attacked my computers, but the virus consumed the anti virus first... I did scanning my PC in safe mode, but then again, it's still there
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jul 25, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Did you try HijackThis. It will help you to remove that file which you found (black icon with a guy). Download HijackThis and scan your computer with it. It will give you a complete list of files and services running in your computer. It will be better to look for HijackThis forums to find out which are the files you can fix as they are coming with some serial numbers. You can do a backup before fixing things in it and even though you delete something by mistake can be restored but make sure that you are not deleting something which will affect the system.
    There is an option in the main window of HijackThis Misc. Tools. It is for deleting files on reboot. Click it and you can select the above said file and when the computer reboots after that the file will be deleted. I think it will help you to get rid of this particular file. I think you are not using any Antispyware softwares. Antivirus only is not enough while you are using internet. You should also have a good Antispyware. ZoneAlarm is good which you can try.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Disconnect all infected PC's from the network, download and install AVG anti-virus then run a full system scan!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Download Trojan... [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have had a virus on my computer for some time now and I knew where it was and never was able to get it removed, I didn't worry about it too much because it didn't seem to be doing much to my comp[uter and because I have spyware doctor, norton corporate, ad aware, search and destroy...

Trojan.ByteVerify [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove Trojan.ByteVerify for free

Trojan Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know too much about computers, but I have AVG free for virus control on my PC and in the virus vault it says there is two trojan horse exploits? How do I get these off my computer completely so they aren't even stored in the virus vault? How does one get these viruses?

Izio Trojan [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm the computer dummy with the Aurora Popup prob. I downloaded webroot (Thanks) It keeps telling me I've got this Izio Trojan in memory please walk me through ridding this blanetyblank. I'm so tired and frustrated I wrote to Microsoft and they sent a (Pro) to help me but you wouldn't even...

Help Annoying Trojan! [ 5 Answers ]

I was playing GTA::SanAndreas when my northern antivirus show the "deleted virus pop up"... it is very annoying... I could not get rid of it... Then as I got to know it better through forums.. I learned that it was a varible virus that is never ending.. then in the 2nd day, I ran all my AVs and...

View more questions Search