Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michel84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Pain in lower back and Hip
    Hello...

I herniated a disc about a year ago and had surgery in December... everything looked good... I was working out again until Friday. I tried to pick up a dumbbell, felt a sharp pain and now Im stuck with lower back pain again that kind of shifts into my hip area. I don't even know what's worse right now... my hip or my back. I do NOT have pain down my leg what makes me think that this injury might not have anything to do with my hernited disc... but who knows.

My team doc (who might be very incompetent) told me is something with my muscel and it shouldn't be that bad...
    But I can't sleep and hardly move and I think it is getting worse.. the pain is only on my right side, starting in my lower back... same area where I herniated the disc before but it is def. in my hip as well...

Can anyone help me with my problem and tell me what's wrong with me and give me some treatment options?? Thank you so much!!
    RyanJitsu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 09:51 AM

Do you squat often? I have the same problem on the right side too.. I don't have any past experiences like your disc issue or anything. But I do get pain down there when I stand or sit a few days after squatting, it feels like the lube that should be in the socket is not there or something and its just bone on bone... ITs a deep feeling, something I can't really touch from the outside. Its more in my hip though I guess. Really bothersome, I'm only 16

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in right side of back,hip [ 8 Answers ]

I have been experiencing a dull pain in my right side for the last two days, and it doesn't go away, even when I lay down... could this be a sign of appendicitis? I am getting an MRI done tomorrow for my lower and middle lumbar... will this detect that if that is what it is? Any answers?

Lower right back pain [ 2 Answers ]

When I get up the 1st thing in the morning I can't get out of bed right way. I'm in a lot Of pain and can't move because my lower right side of my back hurts BAD. Once I take a shower my back does losen up more. Does anyone else have the same thing happen?

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Pain in lower back [ 0 Answers ]

My friend is having lower back pain, actually right above his buttocks. He says that it feels like a burning sensation that lasts about 10 seconds and then goes and returns again. He has had this pain for about 1 day. He has not lifted any heavy objects and doesn't believe he has pulled any...

View more questions Search