Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwd2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2005, 04:54 AM
    89 Honda CIVIC: No Start
    I have a 89 Honda Civic that has not been started in over a year. I put in a new battery and tried to start it. It started and ran very reough for about 10 seconds. Now it has no spark and I don't hear a click when the ignition swaith is turned on. I checked and there is no blink on the ECU light. I suspect that there is no power to the ECU. I checked the groung at the thermostat and it's good. The fuses under the hood look good. What else should I check?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jul 26, 2005, 02:17 PM
    I suspect the main relay. It gives power to ECU and fuel pump upon start-up.

Refer to FAQ for information how to fix the main relay.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2005, 03:47 PM
    Also make sure all your fliuds are good, for one year, the gas would be bad, and the oil would definently need to be changed, as well as the trans fluid/filter and all. Even a good radiator flush later on.
    jdoucet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Toyota 4runner won't start, not battery
    willow2111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 07:30 AM
    It's the main relay under the dash on the drivers side ,unplug it then remove it from the case you will see the printed circuit board and you need to re-solder the relay connections. It has two relays one for the ECU and one for the Fuel pump./
    Geoff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic won't start [ 12 Answers ]

I have an '82 Honda Civic that won't start. With key turned to accessories and wipers turned on, when I move the positive battery clamp the wipers go on and dash lights as well. I turn the key to start and everything goes off. Turning the key back to accessories again, no lights... only if I go...

My Honda Civic Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

I read CroCivic's post about testing your Honda Civic, and there is some great information in there, but I have a 1991 Honda Civic 1.5 liter that won't start, but there is to fault code showing on the computer. The car had just pulled out from a stop at an intersection, and it just died. No...

92 honda civic won't start HELP PLEASE [ 13 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I was looking around in this forum.. to see if I could get some answers to why my car is not turning over. It's a 1992 Honda Civic Lx. Its been sitting for 2 months b.c I can't figure out the problem. It wouldn't start at a gas station after putting 10 dollars of gas in it, even had...

95 honda civic won't start, help! [ 38 Answers ]

My 1995 civic will not start. I have never had a problem with this car before. The battery is fairly new; only about a year old. It cranks just fine with a normal starting sound, but nothing else happens. I've checked all the fuses and they're all fine. I thought it was flooded, so I tried starting...

88 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, and thanks in advance for any help or advice you may have. My Honda Civic recently stopped starting altogether (it hasn't been an intermittent problem, it simply stopped starting one day and hasn't started since). I had been driving it off and on for much of the day, but I the engine...

View more questions Search