Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Itchy palate.
    My palate is really itchy and has been this way for about a week now. It's insanely irritating. Only references on the internet I can find are to do with hayfever, but I don't suffer from it, and the pollen count is not very high at the moment.

I've had the same itchy palate before, but it's always gone away within a day.

Any ideas how I can relieve it?
    I'm going insane here! :(
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 01:00 AM
    What are you eating/drinking that you don't normally it could be something as silly as a new sqaush with a weird ingredient that's annoying you go buy some periton tha will cure it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 01:55 AM
    I'm not sure about how to cope with the itching that you are experiencing. But, maybe it's possible that you are developing an allergy now that you haven't had before?

Food allergy: Can it develop later in life? - MayoClinic.com
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 04:08 AM
    I've been trying to eat helthier and so have been cutting fatty and sugary things out of my diet.

I haven't really eaten anything new, though. It kind of comes and goes throughout the day. It's always there when I wake in the mornings.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 04:56 AM
    I could be anything Babes I get a itchy mouth after I've eaten peaches lol but I'm fine with necterines it could even be something as simple as a different toothpaste only you can work it out be eliminating different things and re introducing them.
    Periton will stop the itching though.
    Djuana43 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 6, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Just know that what you are experiencing is a reation to something. An "allergic" reaction, even if minor. Keep a journal for about a month and note when you feel the irritation. Then see you doctor with the results. The journal should note anything from foods and drinks to scents and personal products as well as medications, vitamin/mineral/herbal supplements. Date it also so any seasonal and local climate happenings can be noted. You can't just keep a log of these items at the time you feel the itchiness, because the reaction can be delayed. In other words, the culprit could have happened prior to the impact. A month should be sufficient unless the doctor tells you different. Take this serious, because that itchiness can be the first action in your through closing, an allergic reaction some people get to seafood / shellfish, sulfactes/sufites (found on fruits, pesticide residues) and a host of other items.
    markofitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 02:43 PM
    I know it may sound a bit nasty for some people... but this could also be... I have been experiencing the same thing , where my palate irritates me a lot... and the first time I recall that same annoying sensation was after giving oral sex to a guy that wasn't a boyfriend of mine or anything,, since then and every time I did it again with him... I feel it even more the itching and irritation... I am thinking it could be an std... I might have to get it checked,, lathough if you find other responses that might help me as well... let me know please... Mark
    JOJO689 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Words escape me to describe your indiscriminate behavior with "anything"!! You must get paid very well to resort to such risky behavior! :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by markofitch View Post
    I know it may sound a bit nasty for some poeple...but this could also be...i have been experiencing the same thing , where my palate irritates me a lot ...and the first time i recall that same annoying sensation was after giving oral sex to a guy that wasnt a boyfriend of mine or anything,,,,since then and everytime i did it again with him ...i feel it even more the itching and irritation.... i am thinking it could be an std..... i might have to get it checked,,,,lathough if you find other responses that might help me as well...let me know please....Mark
    lifereallysucks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 05:02 PM
    I sympathize with you, Capuchin; I have had episodes of palatal itching all my life (I'm in my 50s now) and it is so annoying that it deprives me of sleep. Mine tends to be seasonal, probably from leaf mold in the fall. Have you tried any of the OTC meds such as Sudafed? (Before you do, be sure your doctor approves, as it is not recommended for use in conjunction with certain other medications or for patients with certain conditions such as heart problems or hypertension). Fexofenadine (brandnamed Allegra, Telfast, Fastofen, or Tilfur) may also provide some relief.
    ainara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 04:57 PM
    I have the same problem for the last two weeks and its horrible.
    I also went to see a doctor but he didn't help me much.
    Any suggestions? This is quite depressing. Its really annoying at night time and also in the mornings.
    One month ago I had a teeth cleaning and everything started after that. I was using some mouth cleaning products with alcohol but I don't know if this could affect me. I also have my ears itching.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy! [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been so itchy! It is mainly on my stomach, chest, back, and sides but it is really annoying I don't know if it is just the dry cold weather or what but I need some suggestions on how to make it stop! I do have exema but it mainly is on my hands...

Itchy ears [ 2 Answers ]

My little Chu.Dog has itchy ears and nothing seems to help

Itchy puppy! [ 6 Answers ]

i just got a female 7 week old papillon yesterday, but all she does is itch & scratch herself! she has no signs of fleas, or flea dirt. i looked up symptoms of ear mites, and i'm almost positive she has that, but what about her scratching everywhere else? her coat is fine, from what i can tell......

Itchy [ 15 Answers ]

Yeah OK so since I got back form my cottage I've had this horrible itching around my vagina and I'm wondering what the hell this is I itches when I move the wrong way its red and very sensitive... I really need some help its bugging the crap out of me.. my mom got me some itch cream but it doesn't...

Itchy little dog [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old male daschund who is the itchiest little critter I've ever met. He seems to have a hotspot on is neck: any slight touch sends him off thumping. I often see him dragging his neck across the rug or furniture when no one is able to pet or scratch him. It then went from there. Now,...

View more questions Search