Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Missing sound, cant hear cd or sound play at all?
    Hi there,

I have a Compaq, win xp, this afternoon and I had sound and everything was OK? But I think while working on the computer I accidentally erased the driver that helps allow sound to come from the comp, I can't seem to find site to download the driver?

Please help, I can hear it beep when there's an error message telling me while I try to play a song in media player 11 saying that there is missing info... duh no kidding...
    Thanks
    Sanford:eek:

I think the missing code is 28 for the missing driver, maybe this will help
    McNuggy@LMC Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Go to the Microsoft website and search there mate. Hope this helps
    lgiacinti3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Restore computer to a date before you did that
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 12:24 AM
    You can either download new drivers here >> or at download website >> and click on drivers link
    rammehar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sanford
    Hi there,

I have a Compaq, win xp, this afternoon and I had sound and everything was ok? but I think while working on the computer I accidentally erased the driver that helps allow sound to come from the comp, I can't seem to find site to download the driver?

please help, I can hear it beep when theres an error message telling me while I try to play a song in media player 11 saying that there is missing info...duh no kidding...
    Thanks
    Sanford:eek:

I think the missing code is 28 for the missing driver, maybe this will help
    Hi experts

I recently reinstalled windows xp. Under devise manager I have the yellow? Flag on the "multimedia audio controller" under "other devises." I have tried to reinstall the driver by clicking on the yellow item, but that has not worked.

I have gone to dell to download drivers (maestro 3i), with no apparent success. I have downloaded and run aida32 but, frankly, do not know what the results mean.

This seems to be a common problem after reinstall.

Does anyone have a solution for the computer lay person?

Thanks

RAMMEHAR
    sweetwoman53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Comment on McNuggy@LMC's post
    Could have told HOW to do that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO SOUND, Audio Drivers Missing or Corrupt [ 1 Answers ]

NO SOUND, Audio Drivers Missing or Corrupt All five of the device drivers under my Device Manager "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" category show yellow encased exclamination marks, but I'm only concerned about the audio ones for the moment since I've had no sound for a couple of weeks. ...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

Missing sound and other things [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I loaded windows xp home edition and now my sound doesn't work and my Yahoo quit working also. When I run the troubleshooter it comes up with the code 28. I tried to reinstall the drivers but it says they are missing. PLEASE HELP

I can't hear any sound! [ 1 Answers ]

I recently accidenlty re-installed xp(just an update though, so all my files and stuff are still on it) on my PC, since I've done this everything is working fine except the sound, I can't seem to hear anything, and I've checked all the devices and stuff and they are all working fine, can any body...

Help me hear sound from my computer! [ 4 Answers ]

I have dell computer at work (windows XP) and would like to play CD's from the D drive. When I tried to play something I received a pop up that said "sound device may not be installed." I installed Real One and no longer have this problem, however there is still no sound. When I go to the...

View more questions Search