Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpinetworkingstudent Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2005, 06:28 AM
    NO SOUND after sound card install
    Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2005, 07:10 AM
    Sound Card
    Hi,
    You did not mention the name of your sound card, but here are some things to troubleshoot.
    Right click on he speaker icon, bottom right of the system tray. Then Left click on Open Volume Control.
    Look to see if there are any checkmarks by Mute. If so, Left click to remove them.
    Go to Control Panel, then maybe Multimedia, or something similar, and see if you have the correct set-up for your speakers, maybe 2 or 4.
    Go to Start/Programs, then your sound card name, like Creative.
    Click on the Speakers, or something similar, and see if the speakers are active, or have been set to the wrong number of them.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2005, 03:13 AM
    Another thing to try:

1. Right click on My Computer and click on Properties
    2. Switch to the hardware tab
    3. You should have a button called "Device Manager" or similar. Click on this
    4. You'll see a list of all the items in your PC. First look for anything classed as "Unknown Devices". If you have anything here, list them for us. If there's something to do with your sound card, then you don't have the correct drivers installed. To fix that, double click on the unknown device, click the update driver button, let it search for the driver on your PC (make sure you sound card install CD is in the CD drive).

Hopefully, that'll get it
    cpinetworkingstudent Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2005, 06:42 AM
    Thanks I did trouble shoot the problem... and found out that the connections wasn't as good as it was supposed to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

Sound card problems [ 3 Answers ]

Um just asking but what if your sound card has bine deleted how do you get this back with out using system restore(my mom administrator and will not let any one cause afriad they will change something for the worst).I tried to download but that just came up bad cause again I'm not administrator....

Sound card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wondering about my sound card. If it is the problem. It works for something's but doesn't work for other things. It works when I play a CD or CDR or download a movie off the internet. It doesn't work for my music programs such as cake and sonic foundry, and Yahoo messenger. Also there...

View more questions Search