Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 25, 2005, 04:25 AM
    Feeling lonely
    I am 29 years old single male. I don't have a single girlfriend. From childhood, I have experience that girls just don't like me. I always wanted a girl to fall in love with me and then I can shower my unconditional love on her. That has never happened. I am quite goodlooking and handsome according to everybody I know including girls. But, I have never come across to a girl who likes me. I feel deprived and vulnerable. What is the problem ? Is something wrong with me or the right time hasn't come ?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2005, 07:21 AM
    Lonely
    Hi,
    No, nothing is wrong with you. The old saying that "for every man, there is a woman", and vice-versa, is so very, very true.
    At 63 yrs old, I have been happily married for 28 yrs, but only after a 7 yr marriage that ended in divorce.
    Get out, meet new people. Some good places are church, community gatherings, anywhere; even a bar or two, if you drink.
    There is someone out there for you; you just have to find her.
    If you are really worried about "no woman like me", then go talk with someone, such as a marriage counselor, if nothing else. Find out why you feel this way.
    I re-married at 33 yrs old, changed jobs, went back to college, etc, etc, etc.
    Your life is just starting.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    hanabelle Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Sep 24, 2005, 02:31 PM
    Dear lonely, don't worry Im sure there is someone out there for you. You seem like a genuine person who has a lot of love to give I'm sure there is a girl out there for you. Sometimes it does take time. Im 27f and I've been with the same guy since I was 18, I don't count myself lucky really that I have had someone for that long especially since I really had wondered if he was the one for me. I didn't date around and get to know other guys because of my relationship, and I had plenty of opportunity to. Sometimes I think that I missed out on getting to know different types of people, because I didn't take my time. What Im trying to say is get to know a lot of girls. It may be that you haven't found one that you clicked with yet and that's okay. Don't settle for anything less than what you want, Im sure you will find her. Good Luck!-Hanabelle :)

Sep 26, 2005, 09:48 AM
    I think the feeling of deprivation has someway turned out to good for me. Out of this painful craving, my observation - unknowingly - has become pretty sharp. I mean, I could tell a lot about girl's nature with just looking at their face, body language which I was unable to before. And maybe I have wised up a bit after cooling down. I believe that there is more than just unconditional love in this world. I have re-directed my energy from painful craving to be with someone special to doing or achieving something worthwhile and things are getting positive now.
    I really appreciate all your suggestions.
    Thank very much.

Sep 27, 2005, 09:03 AM
    Tony, Good for you! Im glad you have better insight now on what you want. I have always believed in not being sooo focused or obsessed in one thing but to focus on many other things that you enjoy and the thing that you want the most will happen, usually unexpectedly.--Hanabelle :o

Sep 27, 2005, 09:14 AM
    Thanks very much Hanabelle. Really appreciate your words of wisdom.

Sep 28, 2005, 07:38 AM
    Glad I could help, Tony2005... Anytime--Hanabelle ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lonely Dog [ 5 Answers ]

I have a wonderful 1 1/2 female Boxer, she is a great dog, friendly and always wants to be around people, she is crate trained, every morning after we go for a nice long walk we go back to the house and she goes right in her crate, she is only crated when we are not home, when we are home we are...

Lonely dog [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to put down my lovely blueheeler cassie this sunday:( . I have come to terms with this but I do not know how my other dog, pepper, a little jack russel terrier cross, will cope. She is younger than cassie and has known and depended on her for as long as she can remember. In the few hours...

Feeling lonely... what to do if anything... [ 14 Answers ]

I've been feeling VERY lonely lately. I'm not sure why really though. I hang out with my friends pretty much daily, but I feel like something is missing. I know this is the time where I really DO NOT need to jump into a relationship, but I don't know what to do about it. I just want someone to care...

View more questions Search