Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawteacher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 01:03 PM
    No analog signal
    I recently tried to get on my desktop and it looks as if the computer starts to boot up. It then stops and shows a box in the middle of the monitor that reads "no analog signal." Is there something wrong with my monitor or the hard drive?

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Confused:
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 26, 2007, 06:37 AM
    What happens after the box pops up? Is the computer still ON? Did it turn off completely?

That message box you see is from the monitor itself. For example, if you turn on the monitor, then disconnect the monitor cable, the message should appear. Plug the monitor cable back in, and it should be gone.

There is nothing to fix regarding your monitor.

Post some more details, such as did you install any software recently? etc.
    lawteacher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 07:47 AM
    As stated previously, the computer seems to start to boot and then stops. After I receive the no analog signal, it goes to a blank screen. The computer stays on, but the screen is blank. I have unplugged all the cords to the monitor and plugged them back in. I still get the same message.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
    When you first turn on the PC, do you get the BIOS booting screen? Or a blank screen ?

Getting the bios booting screen, usually indcates that it's a software problem (i.e. Windows and drivers).

If your getting a blank screen when you first power on the PC, then it could be a video card problem. Best way is to find / borrow a compatible video card and try it instead, or bring your video card to a friend's PC to check if it works there.

Is this DVI or VGA your using?

There is a few things you can check if you do get the BIOS booting screen.

Try booting into safe mode, by pressing F8 as soon you restart the PC.

If you get to the safe mode menu, then the system is working.

Select the option to boot with VGA graphics, then change your desktop resolution to something supported by the video card, try 800x600.

Also check there are no bent pins on the monitor cable.

Open the case and push down on the video card to ensure it is seated properly. While your in there, just push down on all components to make sure its snug, such as cables, etc.

Report back, let us know your results. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Analog vs digital [ 2 Answers ]

I want to known about the transmission of electromagnetic waves in cell phones is digital or analog signal ? Explain me about the transmission line ?

Analog x [ 1 Answers ]

I have networking with 10 PC .with server all can access internet,but clients can not open secure site whereus server can access

No analog signal [ 1 Answers ]

When I bootup my new computer it has a warning sign of no analog signal

Digital vs. Analog signal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all - I have a brand new Samsung SyncMaster 940bw monitor with a NVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 video card. My question is this: how do I get my monitor to run a digital signal? I have my DVI-D cable plugged in but that does not provide any signal. Yet when I plug in my analog 15 pin VGA, I get...

DVI vs analog [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I really appreciated all the information on flat panel monitors I received yesterday, THANKS! I have another question concerning my video card. I am pretty sure that my current nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400 is analog, it has 2 connections only, one is s-video and the other one is connected to my...

View more questions Search