Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Manhunt (2)
    Manhunt is a rather bloody video game, but I think anyone will know due to the media coverage it had.
    I started this thread because I was curious how you would see this matter.
    I personally think it's a little exaggerated. I mean, is the game an inspiration for potential killers? Yes, probably. Does this game incite people to kill? I don't think so.
    There has been a murder that was committed in manhunt-"style". The murderer was probably inspired by the game. But put that one murderer against all the other people that played it, and it turns out it really depends more on the person itself than the game. If inspiration is all it took for the murderer to start killing, then he would have killed anyway. And besides, if the inspiration thing is going to be an argument, think that with the same reasoning you could put a bn on CSI, detective novels, horror movies and kitchen appliances (potential murder weapons).
    I think the gamers environment is more important, like for example a child that doesn't have parents that tell him its wrong what happens on the screen, or someone living in an environment where this kind of voilence is "accepted".

I was just wondering what others thought about the media attention, government bans or about what the critics say.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo_Bravo
    I think the gamers environment is more important, like for example a child that doesn't have parents that tell him its wrong what happens on the screen,
    Well for starters a child should not be anywhere near the game since it has an AO (Adults Only) rating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search