Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony529 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2005, 08:17 PM
    AC Water Pump not sending water through tubing
    My house is a ranch house with no basement. We have a forced air/central air conditioning system. There is a pump that is suppose to pump the water through a plastic tubing in to our laundry tub. The water does have to go up to the ceiling of the room and across a wall and then down into our laundry tub. The water pan is overflowing and the water is not going through the tubing into the tub. Do we need to replace the pump?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2005, 08:50 PM
    Before buying a new pump, open things up and look around. Does the pump run? It should have a float switch that controls it, and could be crudded up. If it runs, is its intake clear? Is the discharge line clear? If you can't get the pump to run, or it runs, but doesn't pump, then you may need a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Hot Water recirculating pump [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy again, The hot water takes a long time to heat up due to the length of run from the water heater. So... Would installing a recirculating pump be a good idea? I have seen a type which connects the hot and cold and pushed the water from the hot side to the cold until it gets warm...

Water pump [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me the procedure for changing out a water pump in a 1992 honda accord.

3-way water pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have been told that my central air conditioning unit needs a new Honeywell 3-way water pump. The technician who evaluated my unit has rigged it so that the valve is now open all the time and I am able to have ac. This was a temporary measure until he could return with the new valve. He has...

Well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My well water pump is not working. I think it lost it's prime because I tapped the tank and it sounds hollow. How do I prime the pump?

View more questions Search